Applying Incentives: To Purchase price or down payment....

MazdaGyal

:
Protg/ '17 CX5 Touring
Hey everyone,

This is probably a silly question but is it better to apply an incentive/rebate to the actual purchase price of the car or to your downpayment? Would applying it to the purchase price decrease the sales tax or are we charged the sales tax on the MSRP?

Thanks!

Hey everyone,

This is probably a silly question but is it better to apply an incentive/rebate to the actual purchase price of the car or to your downpayment? Would applying it to the purchase price decrease the sales tax or are we charged the sales tax on the MSRP?

Thanks!

Charges the tax on the selling price/MSRP. The rebates are listed and taken off separately...$300 max sales tax here, though...

Charges the tax on the selling price/MSRP. The rebates are listed and taken off separately...$300 max sales tax here, though...

Okay cool, so there's no real difference or benefit. Good to know.

$300 max sales tax???? How long does it take to establish residency? I kid, I kid. I'm looking at about $1700 in sales tax. My first car was a mazda and didn't even cost me $1700...fml.

LMAO: $4500 + in taxes here. And I'm sure other parts of the world are worse.

If you can apply them to the price and it will reduce tax paid. It will depend on the rebate though, some are post tax rebates which is no different than adding to down payment. Either way take whatever you can get!

Latest posts

Back