2016 CX-5 Anyone else experiencing a stuck/slow Comander Switch console buttons?

:
Mazda CX-5 2106.5
My Home Button and Audio "Music Note" Button on the Commander Switch console between the two seats are sticking and/or slow. I'm not getting a consistent "click" when pressing on them. I didn't spill anything on there. Anyone else experience this issue? Suggestions? I am worried that the problem will progress, thinking I may have to call the dealer to address it under warranty.

Yeah I would just take it to the dealer. I mean you could try and self diagnose it but why bother. Let them replace/fix it so you're good to go. Your best bet will just show them the difference between your car and another.

Having said that, no I have not experienced what you're mentioning. You could try compressed air or some alcohol wipes though. I had a similar issue on my old elantra with the steering wheel buttons. But if I were you, I'd just go to the dealer.

The music button on my console sticks like that; none of the others do. I brought it up to the dealer a couple of times, while I was still under warranty, and they dismissed it by saying someone had spilled a drink on it. I'm not the first owner, so they might be right. It's just that one button that is sticky, and I've not found a good way to address it.

I called the dealer in he's 100% positive that something must have fell in there. The buttons are functional but annoying to press. The estimate to fix it would be $52 as the warranty wouldn't cover it. Sounds like a fair price, but maybe I'll forgo the appointment as it isn't too bad.

IMO, there' be a lot less wear and tear on these if they didn't disable the damn touch screen once the vehicle starts moving...

Latest posts

Back