2017 CX5 Interior Lights and LCN Plate Lights Bulb Codes

XYR03

:
2017 CX5, 2015 981S
Contacted Corksport and they currently do not have a kit for the CX5. Couldn't wait for someone to put a kit together so I've purchased these on my own for the dome lights and LCN plate. Cost total about $50 with some bulbs that are on sale.

Dome lights and trunk (Standard removal start with prying off front side edges):
5 x 3175
http://www.vleds.com/shop-bulb-numbers/3175-31mm-led.html

LCN lights (needs wide flat head, place in slots on sides and pry with minor force inward):
2 x 194
http://www.vleds.com/shop-bulb-numbers/194-168-158-led/194-6-ll.html

Several folks have mentioned using these, think poster pipermajor or whatever posted an install yesterday. They will work great. Personally, I bought the $11 kit off eBay as it's the same exact thing. Enjoy...

Am I the only one that isn't madly in love with LEDs inside?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Bought my wife White LEDs in the interior as she unloads the kid a lot at night, early morning, in a pitch dark garage. Makes a huge difference especially in the trunk.

Now for me...I've got Red interior LEDs for ninja stealth mode. At night with my doors closed (plus my window tint) you can't notice they are on. Yet inside the red LEDs allows me to read text and view objects inside the vehicle.

Yes, but I'm saying...it's not really a BETTER difference. The regular lights are warmer and frankly easier to read under...

Bought my wife White LEDs in the interior as she unloads the kid a lot at night, early morning, in a pitch dark garage. Makes a huge difference especially in the trunk.

Now for me...I've got Red interior LEDs for ninja stealth mode. At night with my doors closed (plus my window tint) you can't notice they are on. Yet inside the red LEDs allows me to read text and view objects inside the vehicle.

I started to do blue. I may swap them out from time to time for the helluvit down the road...

Yes, but I'm saying...it's not really a BETTER difference. The regular lights are warmer and frankly easier to read under...

I'm getting quite the opposite, It's way better, and easier to read under. You haven't even tried em yet they're inferior?! Makes sense...

Crisper, cleaner, and easier to see to get things done in the cab with the kiddo.

$11 well spent, and I have a few backups leftover...

I'm getting quite the opposite, It's way better, and easier to read under. You haven't even tried em yet they're inferior?! Makes sense...
Uh...I have them. Not just guessing here. As I was installing them and changed over the fronts I looked in the manual to read about changing the hatch bulb, and it's harder to read. Paper, anyway.

In our case 1 oem bulb went out. Since 1 went out I'm pretty sure other ones would eventually need replacing. Being cheap I think I got the entire set from a seller on Ebay for $7 shipped. No problems for almost a year now.

I can truly report that despite being a cooler color it makes stuff easier to read and view. Especially the trunk area. You also have to take into consideration that the plastic covers which disperse the light to soften them up to minimize harshness. Plus we didn't get super blinding bright high lumens bulbs. These are merely 50 lumens each. This is coming from a guy whom calibrates his Plasma TV into the warmer contrasts and wears brown polarized sunglasses. I hate cool temperature settings on HDTVs as they look uncalibrated and very amateurish. These LEDs are a bearable temperature for my eyes and with much improved brightness.

https://www.ebay.com (commissions earned)

Uh...I have them. Not just guessing here. As I was installing them and changed over the fronts I looked in the manual to read about changing the hatch bulb, and it's harder to read. Paper, anyway.

Sorry it's harder for you. Everyone else is loving them. Switch back to stock then, or have you?

The license bulbs kept coming loose so I swapped those back. Left all the interior ones. I don't do much reading in the car. LEDs aren't bad, don't get me wrong. But the regular bulbs aren't exactly horrible. It's not a night and day difference imo.

I converted to LEDs for 2 reasons - reduced heat and current draw. An interior light accidently gets left on and you wind up with a dead battery and the possiblity of the socket/lens being damaged from the heat of the bulb.

Another (3rd) reason is shown in the photo of a typical 194-type incandescent which was in service for several years. Tungsten filaments flake off and coat the inside of the bulb with tungsten, eventually darkening it. The effect is much more pronounced in smaller bulb sizes. This bulb still lit but it was 2-3x dimmer than a new bulb.

attachment.php

Attachments

• 194bulbs.jpg
    194bulbs.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 383
Last edited:

I agree with you there. For me there's a fine line between surgical room sterile and do not enjoy the cold feel. You usually have to get ones that are 4000k or 5000k or stay in that temperature range. Past 5000k is just way too cold for me.

LCN plate lights on the other hand just doesn't go with the HIDs up front. That bothered the crap out of me. Few days in, these bulbs are working well and I do not expect any problems fro LED bulbs.

Back