infotainment questions

f16joe

:
Model CX-5 Touring
Hello, I just purchased a 2017 CX-5 with nav. I have a couple of questions.
1. Can you zoom the nav while you are driving? I know you can pinch/pull the screen when stopped, but what about while driving?
2. I have an Apple iPhone 7. The message feature is grayed out on my car's display. Any ideas?

thanks for your help.

Hello, I just purchased a 2017 CX-5 with nav. I have a couple of questions.
1. Can you zoom the nav while you are driving? I know you can pinch/pull the screen when stopped, but what about while driving?
2. I have an Apple iPhone 7. The message feature is grayed out on my car's display. Any ideas?

thanks for your help.

!. Use the controller knob between the seats to zoom in and out. I never use the touchscreen in my CX-3, even when stationary.
2. Can't help, sorry.

For 1 - go to your settings under navigation and uncheck the auto zoom option. This lets you use the controller knob as long as your menu is hidden and only map is visible.
You can zoom in or out.

Try going into the Bluetooth settings on your iPhone (probably while sitting in the CX5 while running). I recall I had to enable the messages in there in order for them to come thru my CX5 (iPhone 6).

Try going into the Bluetooth settings on your iPhone (probably while sitting in the CX5 while running). I recall I had to enable the messages in there in order for them to come thru my CX5 (iPhone 6).

Yeah, do this (enable notifications) and then make sure to turn off your iPhone. When you turn it back on, messages will no longer be greyed out. I encountered this exact same issue, did this, and now everything is fine.

For an Iphone 7 -

On the iPhone under 'Settings' - then 'Bluetooth' . Where it describes the connection 'Mazda' touch and select the small icon with the letter 'i' in a blue circle.

Then swipe 'Show Notifications' is selected to green color - you can also do the same for 'Sync Contacts' if you want your contacts to show up on the screen / nav system.

Reboot your phone and you should then be able to receive text messages on your screen in the car.

For 1 - go to your settings under navigation and uncheck the auto zoom option. This lets you use the controller knob as long as your menu is hidden and only map is visible.
You can zoom in or out.

You don't need to disable auto zoom for this (at least in the 2017)... just minimizing the menu bar and turning the commander wheel will zoom the map.

Back