GT 19" wheel - ride quality

skm3489

:
2017 CX-5 GT AWD Eternal Blue Mica
Hello all,

Looking for feedback on ride comfort with the new 19" wheels. Planning on buying around Nov/Dec and we definitely want the GT trim along with AWD. How has it been so far on interstate and bumps etc? I have 18s on my 2014 Accord V6 coupe and over certain road conditions it's a little jarring at times but overall they are very smooth so i'm hoping the 19s won't be any worse.

Thanks!

I believe the sidewall of the 19 on the CX-5 is slightly larger than that of your 18s. I don't think you will notice a harsher ride from the tires, they may in fact ride better, however, I cannot say the same for the suspensions and chassis of the cars as that will be the bigger factor in why the CX-5 probably won't ride as well as your accord...

I wouldn't worry about it or hesitate to grab the 19s if that's what you like...

Some of the reviews here have said you feel a bit more imperfections on coarse roads sometimes but it's not a deal breaker

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Sidewall on the 19's is SMALLER than 18's, and rides HARSHER.

I have stock 19's, and snows are on 18's.

The 18's ride better, and I'm considering ordering up a set of 18" wheels and tires for summer use from TireRack.

The 17"s on lower models have a smoother and slightly quieter ride than the 19"

Some of the reviews here have said you feel a bit more imperfections on coarse roads sometimes but it's not a deal breaker

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Agree with this. Test drove the 2017 on 17's and do feel a little bit of a firmer ride on my 2017 GT on 19's.
Still find it comfortable for my taste after my 2013 Accord Sedan Touring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know when I drove a 16 Touring and Grand Touring back to back I actually thought the 19s were better overall. It should be noted that the tires on the 17 vs 19 are different which can at a substantial role. I do not know if this is the same with the 17 models. The Accord will most likely have a thinner sidewall than a CUV/SUV from factory. Being a Honda tech for 4+ years I will say Honda has never nailed down ride comfort or road noise especially compared to their competition. Best bet would be to go on a long test drive of both models and get good feel for each. Drive other cars too to get differences and experiences. Test driving cars is a lot of fun and very informative.

The tyres here on the 19" are Toyo Proxies whilst on the 17" are Yokohama Geolander.

Sent from my SM-T805Y using Tapatalk

Thanks everyone - my wife and I test drove a GT 2WD today and it actually rides a little smoother than my Honda. I was expecting a more course ride but was pleasantly surprised. Overall we were very impressed with the car. Transmission shifted quickly and smoothly. I'll try an AWD when we get closer to buying but I suspect the ride quality would be the same.

On another note we thought we liked the color white the best but now are leaning towards Eternal Blue Mica. Looks much better in person than it does on the color swatch in the brochure.

Mazda seems to have nailed the colour pallet

Sent from my SM-T805Y using Tapatalk

Mine were under inflated on the lot, 32 psi, even though the door jam thoroughly recommends 36 psi. I set it to 38 psi when I got home. World of difference...

Hmm... that is unusual. Pretty much they are normally over inflated just like lodisej said, even after getting it serviced

Back