2017 Fuel Fill Neck - has some give?

CLN

:
2017 CX-5 GT AWD Premium
An observation, for now, but when I filled the first tank on our CX-5, I noticed that the fuel filler end (where you put in the gas nozzle) has a fair bit of play.

All my other previous vehicles were solid-state. Is this normal?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

An observation, for now, but when I filled the first tank on our CX-5, I noticed that the fuel filler end (where you put in the gas nozzle) has a fair bit of play.

All my other previous vehicles were solid-state. Is this normal?

I noticed that on mine as well

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk

Can we have a common thread on 17 issues and resolutions? We wont have content creep and all good info will be in one thread.
What do the mods think?

Not saying this because it's my own thread, but, particularly with a brand new model, it's helpful to have disaggregated threads. Then, hopefully, we can search and post in things when they become established.

I think the number of threads and content creep will be inevitable as we start purchasing these new models.

Mine has play as well....didnt think of it as an issue

They removed one of the screws on the 16's and probably carried that practice over to the 17's. There was a recall on the 16's last year to remove the screw. Safety issue.
No big deal that there's a little play, the filler tube is solid.

They removed one of the screws on the 16's and probably carried that practice over to the 17's. There was a recall on the 16's last year to remove the screw. Safety issue.
No big deal that there's a little play, the filler tube is solid.

Actually recall extended back to some '14 models. I had recall performed on my '15. If it's any consolation my GX has about the same amount of gas filler play that my CX-5 does.

Same with mine. Although I am not used to seeing this kind of play, I didn't think of it as an issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I asked exactly the same question here before for excessive play on fuel filler neck when we just got our 2016 CX-5. The recall of removing a bolt on fuel filler pipe bracket should make the fuel filler neck even looser. The newer CX-5 assembled after February 2016 will have newly redesigned plastic fastener replacing the missing bolt removed by the recall, which should make the fuel filler pipe bracket tight again. :)

There wasn't much give before the recall on my '16 - now some wiggle, but not overly concerning. Enjoy the new ride!

In the event of accident, this gives some movement between the tank, the filler tube and the body panel. Preventing the filler tube from tearing or becoming detached from fuel tank and causing a fuel spill, by allowing free play at the filler tube to body panel connection.

Back