2016.5 lumbar seat adjustment

Hasek23

:
2005 Toyota Rav4
On my new 2016.5, the lumbar adjustment does very little, almost no adjustment. The lever moves, just less an inch in difference in lumbar support movement. I would think it needs adjustment like loose brake cables on a bicycle of sorts. I just want to check with you all to see if your adjustment makes a noticeable difference before I head back to the dealer.

Thanks.

Maybe ask to try out another cx5 same trim and year when you're at the dealership and see what happens.

On my new 2016.5, the lumbar adjustment does very little, almost no adjustment. The lever moves, just less an inch in difference in lumbar support movement. I would think it needs adjustment like loose brake cables on a bicycle of sorts. I just want to check with you all to see if your adjustment makes a noticeable difference before I head back to the dealer.
Although lumbar adjustment is personal but compare to other lumbar support adjustment I have experienced the 2016(.5) CX-5 GT power lumbar support adjustment may just be too little for me. The position is too high I wish it has 4-way power lumber support adjustment like many others have. There's a write-up adding some padding inside the seat back to increase the support. Other than that not much you can do about it.

Well, at least you can feel better that Mazda didn't improve it in the 2017s. Wife picked up '17 CX-5 GT AWD and the lumbar adjustment is not great... That and the carpeted dead pedal are the two "cons" I have, so not too bad :).

Another poster above mentioned not liking his Infiniti's adjustment, but I have a 2017 Infiniti with sport seats and the lumbar adjustment is amazing.

Last edited:
Another poster above mentioned not liking his Infiniti's adjustment, but I have a 2017 Infiniti with sport seats and the lumbar adjustment is amazing.

That was probably me.. looks like it took 10 years to fix that :) Just referencing my old '07 G35x (V36)

Haha, it was! Off topic, but I didn't hear great things about the prior gen (G37) seats, but heard Infiniti did a bunch of research around 'zero gravity' or something seats for the Q50. They're excellent...Volvo-level good. Not fatiguing at all.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Good to hear... on the Infiniti front I haven't driven anything newer than a '14 Q50 AWD Hybrid and those seats didn't impress.. sounds like years ahead of that they finally addressed issues. The semi-autonomous capabilities of the car were intriguing though.

Back