2013 CX-5 HVAC Problems.

EdwardSur

:
2013 Mazda CX-5 Touring
A couple of weeks ago, I've noticed that there was a problem with the air conditioning to where the blower is not running while the A/C compressor is running. Today, I just replaced the blower motor resistor / controller, when i activated the air conditioning, the blower is still not running. I've went through the fuse box but there was nothing that was designated for the blower or found any relays. So right now I am out of ideas and I am asking help from this forums.

So, the blower specifically doesn't run with the a/c, but runs otherwise?

A couple of weeks ago, I've noticed that there was a problem with the air conditioning to where the blower is not running while the A/C compressor is running. Today, I just replaced the blower motor resistor / controller, when i activated the air conditioning, the blower is still not running. I've went through the fuse box but there was nothing that was designated for the blower or found any relays. So right now I am out of ideas and I am asking help from this forums.

Does the blower motor work with the heater running?

Here is a TSB... might need to replace the blower motor.
Two blower motors, KDY5-61-B10 and KD45-61-B10 for different issues? Very strange! OP, did you get KD45-61-B10 resistor? Does your blower motor that only operates in the highest speed (4th) but not at speeds 1~3?

Usually one fan is for engine cooling the other is for the aircon condenser cooling.

Please ignore I've misread the OP.

Last edited:
Maybe pull the blower motor assembly out, apply 12 volts to it to see if it spins.

Latest posts

Back