Just got my '17 GT Deep Blue

bigtex

:
17 CX-5 GT 14 CX-5 GT (sold)
Picked it up this afternoon. The interior is really nice (and quiet) compared to my '14. Really like the heads-up.
It was only when the new one was cleaned up and brought out beside my old one that I could really appreciate how much difference there is. I loved my '14, but this is another level in my opinion.

Attachments

• IMG_1926.JPG
    IMG_1926.JPG
    458.1 KB · Views: 652
  • IMG_1928.JPG
    IMG_1928.JPG
    436.4 KB · Views: 562
Congrats! Is heated steering wheel leather? (uhm)

Congratulations! The blue looks really nice, like a blue-black almost.

Yes. It is a smoother leather. Less texture than the one on my '14 is best description I can give.

Yeah, the blue is dark when it is in the shadows, but then the sun hits it and it looks like another color completely. It was between the blue and the red, but my dealer already sold every red one he received in only 2 days. Gonna be a lot of red 2017's out there on the highways I think. But it is a great red, so that's ok.

Last edited:
CX5 is selling well.
In Japan, the pre-orders were 6X more than Mazda expected.....
Mazda had to open new production line to fulfill the demand.

The car looks great in person. I was just at a dealership today.

Black interior. I would have rather had the parchment seats, since the carpeting would still be black, but it seems like the parchment is not ordered as much for stock.

I really wanted the machine gray with parchment interior, but they acted like that was going to extremely hard to find as no dealers would order it that way. I found one in Houston, but it did not have the premium package. Every other machine gray I could find in Texas had black interior.

Ahh so they finally brought the black interior to the dark blue color.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

CX5 is selling well.

It does seem like lots of people on these boards are moving up as well! Mazda could use a hit.

Just noticed the Sport trim in white with cloth seats only come in black. The white exterior /cloth parchment interior is not available. Perhaps in refreshes later on.

Beautiful.

I usually hate blue cars (and the lighter blue CX-5's like Blue Reflex are no exception).

They are absolutely killing it with these darker blues though. Deep Blue, Stormy Blue, etc. Love 'em.

Last edited:
Picked it up this afternoon. The interior is really nice (and quiet) compared to my '14. Really like the heads-up.
It was only when the new one was cleaned up and brought out beside my old one that I could really appreciate how much difference there is. I loved my '14, but this is another level in my opinion.

870e092969c83d7b071a7ec18bb522e1.jpg

I got the Deep Chrystal Blue as well. I love it. The red is awesome too. We opted for the Parchment leather. Just hope it holds up, time will tell.
I got a loaner car from the dealership while they buffed out a scratch. They gave me a 2016.5 GT with 8 miles on the odometer. Drove it all day. Nice vehicle but no comparison to the new 2017. Better ride and more responsive acceleration throughout the power band in my opinion. I also dislike how the ignition button was completely obscured by the wiper control arm. But that is being pretty petty I know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The push button location on my loaner 16.5 drives me crazy. That was the first thing I noticed when getting it.

start.JPG

New cx-5 and cx-3 are now built in two different factories to help meet demand. Both in Japan.

CX5 is selling well.

870e092969c83d7b071a7ec18bb522e1.jpg

I got the Deep Chrystal Blue as well. I love it. The red is awesome too. We opted for the Parchment leather. Just hope it holds up, time will tell.
I got a loaner car from the dealership while they buffed out a scratch. They gave me a 2016.5 GT with 8 miles on the odometer. Drove it all day. Nice vehicle but no comparison to the new 2017. Better ride and more responsive acceleration throughout the power band in my opinion. I also dislike how the ignition button was completely obscured by the wiper control arm. But that is being pretty petty

Last edited:
Damn. Mine got rear-ended by a truck with bald tires in 2015. It dented in my back hatch.

Then took 4 months for their incompetent insurance to get it all sorted and fixed.

Good luck to ye.

2017 Cx-5 GT with premium package is Two weeks old. Just got rear ended.
9d1835f994c19f55671405777e47a24f.jpg

dayam, that sucks ! brand new car, was the culprit texting or something ? hope you're ok, how was the CX-5 restraint system, no whiplash I hope. looks like a pretty big hit

some members mentioned that replacement parts are hard to find right now, since car is so new, I recall him saying had to wait for 2 weeks for a new bumper

Last edited:
dayam, that sucks ! brand new car, was the culprit texting or something ? hope you're ok, how was the CX-5 restraint system, no whiplash I hope. looks like a pretty big hit

some members mentioned that replacement parts are hard to find right now, since car is so new, I recall him saying had to wait for 2 weeks for a new bumper

Looks like they will have all part in about 5 days.
Thanks for the support. It's nice to hear from Mazda lovers. You can appreciate my pain.

Back