My Mazda dealership no longer carries Mazda!

Mr.Gadget

:
2016 Mazda CX-5 GT
I guess the place that I bought my Mazda from is no longer a Mazda dealership. They still have the same name and still sell the other vehicles (mostly Hyundai), but no more Mazda. Should I look for an actual Mazda dealership to take my car now? Will Mazda still honor this dealership's commitment to me? My car is only a year old. (It was Findlay Mazda in Post Falls, ID) There are only two dealerships left - one in Spokane, WA and one in Spokane Valley, WA.

Last edited:
No, they probably won't. That sucks.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Commitment? Like the warranty? Mazda should still honor that, though you might have to take it to another Mazda dealership. Have you checked with the former dealership to see if they still honor Mazda's warranty?

bummer to hear that.
Where is the closest Mazda dealership now? I"d probably seek them out to make sure the techs can properly service your vehicle.

Not sure on the warranty deal but I recently purchased a new CX-5 from Foothills Mazda in Spokane. The dealership was great to deal with and appeared to have a much nicer service center than AutoNation Mazda on the other side of Spokane. Might give Foothills a call and see what they say about the warranty.

Edit - I'm pretty sure Foothills absorbed most of the inventory from Findlay so make sure you mention that's where you purchased your car from.

Any Mazda dealer will take care of you. Looks like you're going to Spokane now.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

It doesn't matter who or where he bought the car. If the dealers you mention are authorized Mazda dealers, they must honor any Mazda warranty. Don't understand all the speculation here!

It doesn't matter who or where he bought the car. If the dealers you mention are authorized Mazda dealers, they must honor any Mazda warranty. Don't understand all the speculation here!

I'm speculating here, but the OP edited the original post. Perhaps he mentioned a dealer-exclusive perk, like lifetime oil changes or extended warranty. I have seen Honda dealers offer both.

I'm speculating here, but the OP edited the original post. Perhaps he mentioned a dealer-exclusive perk, like lifetime oil changes or extended warranty. I have seen Honda dealers offer both.
Yep a friend of mine paid $200 for "life-time" oil change when he purchased his Toyota Camry. Toyota Motor Sales, U.S.A., Inc. definitely won't honor this if his dealer quit carrying the Toyota. OP's dealer is still in business, so he should be fine for dealer-promised perks. But the lack of Mazda genuine parts for any service, and Mazda's warranty service, would be the problem.

Years ago a large third-party company offering extended warranty on new vehicles were out of business which left many car owners for nothing. That's why, if you really want one, you should always get extended warranty and other perks directly from car manufacture for best protection, not from a third party or an independent dealer.

I believe that despite the fact they aren't selling Mazdas anymore, they do still have to honor warranty work. Not sure about dealer incentives like free oil changes...

Give them a call to find out, and also ask if they still have their Mazda certified tech employed.

Any Mazda dealer will have to honor warranty work.

As for lifetime oil changes, etc. you need to call them to find out.

Edit: And what the beer drinking banjo man said.

Same happened in Monrovia Sierra Mazda(Los Angeles). I have purchased my car there, and they don't sell Mazdas anymore.

Sorry... Posted and didn't follow up! Turns out there will be only ONE Mazda dealership (Foothills) in the entire Spokane area. (About 30 miles away). Findlay said they will do servicing but no warranty or recall work.
Findlay said they wanted to keep the Mazda dealership but Mazda said no and also will close Auto Nation.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Sorry... Posted and didn't follow up! Turns out there will be only ONE Mazda dealership (Foothills) in the entire Spokane area. (About 30 miles away). Findlay said they will do servicing but no warranty or recall work.
Findlay said they wanted to keep the Mazda dealership but Mazda said no and also will close Auto Nation.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Were they giving you lifetime oil changes?

No, I didn't purchase that plan. Findlay said they can/will do all servicing like that, but just not warranty or recalls.

Ah ok. I only asked because my dealer threw lifetime in with the vehicle purchase and thus I'd be piss if they stopped doing that.

At this point looks like you are still good to go for regular things. Sucks about the warranty/recall work, but hopefully you won't need either.

The dealer I bought my 2016 from is no more either. It was Parks Mazda in High Point, North Carolina. Best car buying experience I ever had.

Back