Dealer had tons of 2016s on the lot...

myke232

:
Mazda CX-5
Since I need a manual I have put the 2016 CX-5 back on my list. Went to dealer today to check out the interior of the sport (no manuals on this lot). They had 35 of them still! This surprised me. He told me the 2017 wouldnt be available for a few months, but I'm not sure I'm buying that one...

Be true to yourself and get a manual.
I am; automatic is not an option for me...

if you want a M/T, you have to get a 2016 so find one while you still can.
Yeah I know, that's why I've put the 2016 cx-5 back on my list; but I was just surprised there were so many of them still on the lot. There are a couple manuals a bit further away that I will have to go check out at some point.

That's insane. Maybe this dude was right about the '17s being a few months away...

I think they're one of the biggest Mazda dealers in the Northeast. Not sure where you're at, but I figured I'd check for ya.

I bet you'll see the 2017s start trickling in Mid April. They already have some listed on their website.

⋯ I bet you'll see the 2017s start trickling in Mid April. They already have some listed on their website.
Yeah, we should see 2017 CX-5 around April 15th. I was wondering if we can purchase a 2017 CX-5 manual in Canada and drive back to the States and re-titled it?

Yeah, we should see 2017 CX-5 around April 15th. I was wondering if we can purchase a 2017 CX-5 manual in Canada and drive back to the States and re-titled it?

Possible... I'd guess emissions would be the biggest hurdle, but can't imagine a Canadian CX5 would be much if any different than a USA model.

Download Autortrader app.
Filter Mazda CX-5 / Manual transmission
Set distance to 200 miles
Select from listed color choices: Silver, Silver or Silver.

Any dealer with a Manual may work out a deal with you - or he may not since that model could be in demand (low supply) + dealers have lowest margins on Sport trims - that is another reason.

8 Listed in DFW - Black / Silver / Grey options.
Lowest one priced at 21183 USD. its Lawrence Hall Lincoln Mazda - I dont like dealerships with 4 parts in their name so i got from El Dorado Mazda + it sounded cool.

8 Listed in DFW - Black / Silver / Grey options.
Lowest one priced at 21183 USD. its Lawrence Hall Lincoln Mazda - I dont like dealerships with 4 parts in their name so i got from El Dorado Mazda + it sounded cool.

would you call that a "plethora" of choices?

I was wondering if we can purchase a 2017 CX-5 manual in Canada and drive back to the States and re-titled it?

I know a few here in Canada that have done the opposite - bought a car in the US and brought it back to Canada. Can't recall what the costs were to import it, but it can be done if you're willing to pay.

would you call that a "plethora" of choices?
Yes.
If Grey wasnt the most unsafe car color - I would go for it, but since it is - Silver all the way.
My car looks like a pollen factory and might start growing vegetation if i dont clean it soon - so i will stay away from Black. Mine is dark blue.

I support your quest for a Manual! I'm thinking the biggest difference would be the lack of MazdaConnect (command knob & infotainment touch display) on a Sport Auto vs Sport Manual. Am I wrong? I know that all the manuals only have the radio that has knobs & a seven-segment type display. Obviously 2.0L only as opposed to 2.5L, but I'm assuming you know that. If you have any questions, I'm a recent manual owner myself. Hoping to welcome you to the family! :)

Same situation in Utah

Tons of 2016 AWD, Auto's on the lots. 200 or so across 3 dealerships in the Salt Lake Valley last I checked.
Only 2 manuals around and they would not move on MSRP price. I ended up finding a Manual near Denver, CO and had it delivered. I took a gamble, but got a 2016 manual with 14k on it for $16.1k.
So far, if I keep it around 65mph on the freeway I get between 34 and 37 MPG.

Tons of 2016 AWD, Auto's on the lots. 200 or so across 3 dealerships in the Salt Lake Valley last I checked.
Only 2 manuals around and they would not move on MSRP price. I ended up finding a Manual near Denver, CO and had it delivered. I took a gamble, but got a 2016 manual with 14k on it for $16.1k.
So far, if I keep it around 65mph on the freeway I get between 34 and 37 MPG.

Nice MPG.

Off topic: Drove around for a week in SLC back in January. SLC has got to have the scariest drivers I have ever seen, LOL!

Good, 2.5L gets 14 mpg on highway speeds. That is a bit better.

Huh?

Last edited:
Back