Blind Spot beep + Headlight volume

7eregrine

The man, the myth, the legend
:
Land of Cleve
:
2016.5 CX5
Mine doesn't seem to work. No audio for that.
Also turning on Audio for headlight reminder doesn't seem to work.

Sent from my LG V10

Ok...figured out headlight warning.

Sent from my LG V10

Ah, I saw this in the settings but haven't gotten to figuring out what it means yet: what is headlight volume anyway?

If you leave your headlights on, the car will beep at you. Well, after playing with it and RTM I figured out why mine weren't beeping. Because I had Auto off set to 30 seconds. Why would it beep at me if it's going to shut the lights off itself? Duh.
If you turn off auto off in the infotainment AND use On, not Auto, on the stalk....it works.

Sent from my LG V10

Last edited:
Okay, thanks! I've only had them set to "auto."

Related "beeping" question: is there any way to turn off the beeps when you lock or unlock the door? I sometimes come home late and would hate to possibly wake the neighbors. It seems to beep whether i use the fob, the door button, or even the inside lock. Changing the settings (or what I think are the settings) in the infotainment doesn't seem to do anything.

It does say you can in the manual. I like the beeps so I know I have my key when I walk away. If I leave my key in the center console ends walk away and hear no beep...I know I don't have my key.
I'll play with that next and see if I can change it.

Sent from my LG V10

Okay, thanks! I've only had them set to "auto."

Related "beeping" question: is there any way to turn off the beeps when you lock or unlock the door? I sometimes come home late and would hate to possibly wake the neighbors. It seems to beep whether i use the fob, the door button, or even the inside lock. Changing the settings (or what I think are the settings) in the infotainment doesn't seem to do anything.

Just push the inside door lock button as you exit the car and you will only hear the lock actuators.

It's in settings under vehicle. Keyless volume. Just tested. Worked.

Sent from my LG V10

Just push the inside door lock button as you exit the car and you will only hear the lock actuators.
That's what I thought but when I did that it beeped.

It's in settings under vehicle. Keyless volume. Just tested. Worked.
When I fiddled with that last week it didn't change anything. Eh, maybe I'm doing it wrong. Will try again - and if all else fails I'll read the manual. :D Thanks!

Nope, tried just using the inside door lock and it still beeped (though perhaps not as loud).

And I set the keyless volume to "off" and it still beeped when I locked the car via the door handle button.

Gonna read the manual more thoroughly tonight! ;)

Nope, tried just using the inside door lock and it still beeped (though perhaps not as loud).

And I set the keyless volume to "off" and it still beeped when I locked the car via the door handle button.

Gonna read the manual more thoroughly tonight! ;)

Strange, if I lock the car using the inside door lock button and then close the door, no beep.

Strange, if I lock the car using the inside door lock button and then close the door, no beep.

Same here. I have done this on every car I have owned and it has never beeped using the inside door lock buttons.

Are you guys talking about the electronic door lock button (inside) or the manual lock by the inside handle?

I figure there are four ways to lock/unlock the car:
1. keyless fob
2. button on outside handle
3. inside electric lock
4. inside manual lock

All except the manual lock (which I'm not sure about) will beep once or twice for me, no matter how it's set on the infotainment screen (which is currently set to "off")

Last edited:
Playing with this some more. I turned off the sound. Car does not beep when using the remote. Does not beep when using the outside door handle button. Does beep using the walk away feature. Is this the beep you're hearing RDK?

Sent from my LG V10

Are you guys talking about the electronic door lock button (inside) or the manual lock by the inside handle?

I figure there are four ways to lock/unlock the car:
1. keyless fob
2. button on outside handle
3. inside electric lock
4. inside manual lock

All except the manual lock (which I'm not sure about) will beep once or twice for me, no matter how it's set on the infotainment screen (which is currently set to "off")

The electronic button that locks all the doors at once.

Playing with this some more. I turned off the sound. Car does not beep when using the remote. Does not beep when using the outside door handle button. Does beep using the walk away feature. Is this the beep you're hearing RDK?

Sent from my LG V10

I have the walk away thing turned off. Bottom line, it beeps every time (once or twice, depending if I'm locking or unlocking) no matter what lock "button" I use and despite my having the volume turned to "off" in the info system. It's a minor thing to be sure, but I'm just trying to get my head around it.

Agree it's minor. Also trying to get my head around it. Lol.

What is this feature? Anyone?

180e6e85a890c7dcff66d50743eacbb7.jpg

Sent from my LG V10

14f9d257b8cecefb946277b8397c4ab1.jpg

That could be explained better. No idea what that means.

Sent from my LG V10

I believe that's a sensitivity adjustment for when the headlights automatically turn on. Default is Medium. I've changed mine to High so that my headlights come on sooner on a cloudy/rainy day or earlier at dusk.

What is this feature? Anyone?

180e6e85a890c7dcff66d50743eacbb7.jpg

Sent from my LG V10

Back