Radar detector in the CX-5?

johnpham1

Banned
:
Mazda CX-5
Where do I plug my radar detector in my cx-5? The only power outlet I can find is in the center arm rest which is quite inconvenient. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Not much you can do here if you need a standard 12V power supply for your radar detector. Worse, that 12V power socket inside the center console is un-switched, the power is on all the time!

I have connected my Redline, to my aftermarket mirror's power connector. They sell this adaptor. I have soldered mine.

with Homelink mirror the easiest is to get power from it and attach the radar detector nearby.
Or buy a long cable with 12v outlet plug (front connector is off when car is off) and tuck the cable behind the A pillar cover

In my 2019 there is an outlet in front of the shifter in that little storage area. Unswitched.

btw, radar in a cx5 is a nightmare with constant falsing. The only detector that I’ve found to be good at filtering is the uniden r7. At a minI I’m, you need a detector that allows for a lot of customization. The R4 might work too.

I use this to mount it to the rearview mirror: BlendMount Radar Detector Mounts | Custom Aluminum Mounts

I power it off the mirror:

It’s clean, no wires laying around.

The Radenso XP detector, almost no false alerts, really quiet, great detector. (Not that you’re looking)
I tried that radenso and it was awful, constantly going off and very little ability to adjust.

here’s where I plug in.
IMG_0177.jpeg

All the Uniden R-series are ok. no falsing from the car itself, but they do detect other cx5 blind spot when you are behind them.

Back