I guess the ABS sensor is okay now? Light just went off?

:
2014 CX-5 GS AWD
So I had the CX-5 stored outside for a bit of winter from early September till yesterday. I did notice in the beginning of January when I just started it to let it run, I drove it a few hundred yards to prevent flat spots on the tires. Almost immediately, the traction control light came on solid and the TPMS light started flashing. It was super cold and it most likely had tons of snow packed everywhere, so I forgave it. Now, the temps have been above freezing so everything has melted, I even had it in our heated shop to fully charge the battery for a few days so it was for sure thawed out. I started it up drove it a few miles and the lights were still on. I did notice remnants of a mouse(which a trap did catch him, afterwards in the car, THANK GOD), so I thought he chewed through the wires, so I booked a service appointment to see if they could fix it under warranty if it was just a bad sensor, or fix the wires that the mouse may have chewed through. Well today I took it on an extended drive and the lights went out. Should I cancel my appointment for getting it fixed or is there codes they can pull up even though the lights went out?

I wouldn't worry too much about it other than making sure the tire pressure is within or above the spec and it's all the same on 4 road tires. Unless your dealer promises you that they're not going to charge you for the code read, I'd cancel the appointment. If you want to check the stored error codes, I'd get them via AutoZone or similar auto parts stores for free. But for the situation with traction control light came on solid and the TPMS light came flashing, you may not have any error codes stored.

This just happened to me today!! Was gonna post something but just read your post. Out of nowhere, my TPMS, TCS, and SCBS lights were all flashing. In the maintenance area it said they were all malfunctioning. I even restarted my car and still the lights came on. After about 5 min, they went off. This my daily cx5. 42 degrees here today. Not sure what to do.

I've had intermittent ABS lights, too. Many times, these lights are forced to remain for a bit, I think to ensure the driver sees them, even if the problem was temporary.

I had this problem too, ABS and Traction control lights coming on randomly. Eventually the check engine light came on too. I was able to get codes pulled from an auto parts store. I had about 5 codes. And with help from another member that had this problem and took the car in for service. Their problem was the brake light switch down by the brake pedal. All five of my codes pointed to checking the brake light switch. So I replaced it and now all lights are off. Cost me about $20 because I decided to fix it myself instead of taking it in. Apparently the switch has a short in it and sends out messages or something. Even though my brake lights worked as intended.
So if you can get codes pulled and they point to the switch, I would replace that.

I had this problem too, ABS and Traction control lights coming on randomly. Eventually the check engine light came on too. I was able to get codes pulled from an auto parts store. I had about 5 codes. And with help from another member that had this problem and took the car in for service. Their problem was the brake light switch down by the brake pedal. All five of my codes pointed to checking the brake light switch. So I replaced it and now all lights are off. Cost me about $20 because I decided to fix it myself instead of taking it in. Apparently the switch has a short in it and sends out messages or something. Even though my brake lights worked as intended.
So if you can get codes pulled and they point to the switch, I would replace that.
This switch acts up in various makes, most often it goes bad and the vehicle won't start- sends a signal to the ECU to let it know that the brakes are engaged prior to starting the car as a safety act, also keeping the brake lights off as well. I keep a spare in the basement.

Back