Loose side windows..?

:
2016.5 Mazda CX 5 Grand Touring W/ Tech PKG
I was cleaning my windows interiors and noticed when I lowered them about 3-4" so I could client the edges where they close up into the upper door seal, I noticed that as I wiped them the windows actually moved as if they were loose in the tracks or rails.. so I went to my BMW and did the same and they were rock solid in the tracks no movement..
After I cleaned them and felt the approx 1/4" - 1/2" rocking movement; yet they did close up just fine no weird sounds or issues..

Now I'm not trying to compare the two car manufacturers just want to see if your windows are loose as well.. I did do a search on "side windows loose" here but did not find anything... ( or I just missed it)..

You mean like side to side loose, or front to back loose?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Rocking forward towards the front of the vehicle and back towards the rear...

There is no movement from exterior to interior..

From inside the trim that is just under the window has some play. Not the glass.

I can rock my front windows back and forth in the rail too. Noticed this when my passenger window started rattling when lowered an inch or two.

There is a TSB fix for widows that rattle when just cracked open a couple of inches. They stick felt on the edges to tighten them up.

Tried to move mine. They don't move. Maybe a mm or 2.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Back