NEW GUY HERE - Can 2016 GT AFS Headlights Be Installed on 2016 Touring?

joefox

:
2016 Mazda CX-5 Touring AWD
Guys/Gals,

New Guy Joe here. I know forums have all sorts of rules and I hope I'm placing this post in the right place I'd hate to be starting off on the wrong foot . . .

I just got a 2016 AWD Touring. I really like the look of the GT AFS lights and was wondering if I got an OEM set could I install them myself or does this have to be a dealer thing considering ALH technology/ballasts etc/interior buttons and switches? This video is making think it may not be an easy thing to do: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8EZK_i4Zeoo

Any thoughts on this would be helpful. Thanks.

Actually those adaptive LEDs aren't available in the US and or North American market. LEDs are here they just aren't adaptive. There is a law still on the books that prevents the adaptive ones from being sold. That being said.... installing OEM LEDs is probably one of those mods that is cost prohibitive IMO. Might want to look at 3rd party. Just my opinion though... other may have better info on the retrofit.

I think they are over $600 each and then they are well embedded into the car’s sensor and body control modules. It simply isn’t worth it. Treat yourself to the top model next time.

Adaptive Front-lighting System (AFS) ≠ Adaptive LED Headlamps (ALH)

AFS is a mechanical system moving the LED headlight projector left and right, as well as up and down, with motors based on sensors on the steering wheel angle and rear suspension load level. ALH is an electronic system with no moving parts. There's LED array with each cell group aimed to the different directions. Based on many sensors only the necessary part of LED cells been turned on for proper illumination of the road ahead.

Like Kedis82ZE8 said, US DOT / NHTSA has not approved more sophisticated ALH for the US market. And it's almost impossible to retrofit an AFS equipped LED headlights to a standard halogen headlight system due to all the additional sensors needed. With a MSRP at $1,250 each for the AFS equipped OEM LED headlight unit, it's very cost prohibitive too.

Wow super informative information all thank you. I had no clue this was an overseas options with all the ALH tech.

Anchorman - def wouldve opted for the GT but dealer offered such a great deal we ran with it.

So then the US model GTs lights would be a basic swap out. Good to know!

Thanks that was my next thought was to look into some upgraded bulbs. There seem to be quite a few threads giving some good suggestions. Any favorites you recommend?

Guys/Gals,

New Guy Joe here. I know forums have all sorts of rules and I hope I'm placing this post in the right place I'd hate to be starting off on the wrong foot . . .

I just got a 2016 AWD Touring. I really like the look of the GT AFS lights and was wondering if I got an OEM set could I install them myself or does this have to be a dealer thing considering ALH technology/ballasts etc/interior buttons and switches? This video is making think it may not be an easy thing to do: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8EZK_i4Zeoo

Any thoughts on this would be helpful. Thanks.

led headlights with afs can be installed on your car,you need leveling sensor ,afs unit,Angle sensor ,and then line them ,at last you need reprogarm your BCM with VCM2

Back