Driver seat front flap

:
2016.5 CX-5 GT w/ Tech
Hey, not sure if I'm the only one who noticed this, but, a couple days into owning my '16.5 GT I noticed the flap at the front of the seat was just kinda dangling and not tight/secured. It doesn't really make a dramatic difference but just found it to be odd.. I think this used to be the case in my '07 Mazda 3

If anyone has noticed this how did you fix it.. seems like when I reclip it how it looks it should go it just pops out next time I get in sometimes it'll hold for a ride or two. Seems weird this isn't better secured.. seems fine on the pass side

1d14baa42d69a8416af3bb4b0bbb6baf.jpg
8aa615aaf5acf3a02243ec285a918994.jpg

Mine did that too, annoying! I had checked the passenger seat to see how it stays up, I think that that plastic white trim is supposed to hook into the metal bar under the seat. The plastic trim isn't designed well to hook into it though.

Ninja is right. There should be a metal bar that the white plastic trim piece snaps onto. My Chevy truck is the same way and it was always coming unsnapped. I put some electrical tape on the bar to snug it up and it hasn't come undone since.

Ninja is right. There should be a metal bar that the white plastic trim piece snaps onto. My Chevy truck is the same way and it was always coming unsnapped. I put some electrical tape on the bar to snug it up and it hasn't come undone since.
Great idea, I thought that's how it went but kept unsnapping so I thought maybe I was either to heavy or doing it wrong lmfao. I'll have to try the tape and see..

Glad I'm not the only one popping these snaps.

My driver seat is like that too. It seemed like the more I try to pop it back in, the worst the plastic clip bends out of shape. Its gotten to the point where I just leave it alone since its out of sight.

Yeah looks like mine is bending a bit, o don't plan on messing with it much more was just curious if others had this issue. I am not sure if my '03.5 protge 5 had this issue but I know for sure my '07 3 had it and I just left it after a while. I guess it's how they intended it to be 🙃

Back