smartwatches and infotainment connection

jcpharm

:
2016 CX-5 GT AWD/ 2016 CX-9 GT AWD
does anyone own a smartwatch (apple watch or android wear) and if so do you have trouble connecting your phone to the bluetooth in the car when your smartwatch is connected to your phone already?

does anyone own a smartwatch (apple watch or android wear) and if so do you have trouble connecting your phone to the bluetooth in the car when your smartwatch is connected to your phone already?

I had android wear, now I have the gear s2 and no issues. What watch do you have?

I have an iPhone 6 and an Apple Watch and don't have any problems at all connecting via Bluetooth my phone to the infotainment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have the original Apple Watch and no issues with iPhone 6 or now 7

thanks everyone - i use a Nexus 6P and Asus zenwatch 3 (android wear) and the car cannot connect to the "phone" portion (ie. can't take calls or texts) but can play audio (music). if i disconnect the watch (disable bluetooth on it), the car can reconnect to the phone portion.

thanks everyone - i use a Nexus 6P and Asus zenwatch 3 (android wear) and the car cannot connect to the "phone" portion (ie. can't take calls or texts) but can play audio (music). if i disconnect the watch (disable bluetooth on it), the car can reconnect to the phone portion.

Think it has to do with the audio connection between your watch and the phone. Try this app: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.myklos.btautoconnect&hl=en

I believe that is it. I did have the issue you speak of when I had my huawei watch. But basically, just set your Mazda as a priority(move it up all the way to the top of the list), and when your phone senses the car trying to connect to your phone, the phone and car will take preference.

Think it has to do with the audio connection between your watch and the phone. Try this app: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.myklos.btautoconnect&hl=en

I believe that is it. I did have the issue you speak of when I had my huawei watch. But basically, just set your Mazda as a priority(move it up all the way to the top of the list), and when your phone senses the car trying to connect to your phone, the phone and car will take preference.

thanks! will try it out.

It's a common Android Wear issue. I stopped wearing my Huawei watch because of it. With my Gear S2 I never have trouble with car connections. Let us know if the app helps. In the meantime I'm waiting to see if anything changes when AW2.0 comes out.

Back