Aftermarket Roof Rails and OEM crossbars

Ar6entino

:
2015 Mazda CX-5 Touring
I bought some aftermarket roof rails off ebay and oem crossbars but I don't think one works with the other :(
Unless I am missing something?

The rails should have a groove (channel) so that the crossrail slides in them, is that true?
I contacted the seller and he says they have sold many and no complains. Maybe those people either did not use any crossbars or used different ones? If I return them, I will most likely have to pay shipping and a 20% re stocking fee so before I do that I wanted to see if anyone has been thru the same.

This is what I have...

Photo%20Dec%2020%2C%207%2037%2040%20PM.png

Photo%20Dec%2022%2C%205%2054%2010%20PM.jpg

Looks to me like you're SOL on those aftermarket roof rails.

71YylgwITGL._SL1500_.jpg

Yeah I saw that pic too and those are the oem and have the groove channel on them :(
So i need a diff set of crossrails for these roof rails. Which ones would any of you recommend?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You might check out Thule Aeroblade Edge 7503. It is one option that work with the OEM side rails and should work with your side rails as well. They wrap the side rail instead of sliding in the OEM slots. A bonus of not using the OEM slots is that you can position the front bar further forward and the rear bar further back than the OEM crossbars. Pricey but also gain you entrance into the world of T-slot accessories from Thule, Yakima, ROLA, etc.

Last edited:
You might check out Thule Aeroblade Edge 7503. It is one option that work with the OEM side rails and should work with your side rails as well. They wrap the side rail instead of sliding in the OEM slots. A bonus of not using the OEM slots is that you can position the front bar further forward and the rear bar further back than the OEM crossbars. Pricey but also gain you entrance into the world of T-slot accessories from Thule, Yakima, ROLA, etc.

Thanks, and yes they are like $200 a piece! I am looking for something more affordable as I have a roof basket i want to install that's all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back