:
2016.5 CX-5 GT
http://www.motortrend.com/news/2017-mazda-cx-5-production-begins-japan/

attachment.php

Attachments

• cx-5.jpg
    cx-5.jpg
    131 KB · Views: 2,601
Damn; that front end is a knock-out! They finally got the proportions right. Front end now looks even better tha a 3!

No tweeters on A pillars? Must be a CX-5 without Bose system⋯ :)

License plate holder on the production line? Option?

License plate holder on the production line? Option?
Nice catch! I hope Mazda North American Operations would insist including this Japanese front license plate holder for our US customers. I hate dealers simply just drill 2 holes into the brand new front bumper!

This 2nd-gen CX-5 is available in Japan market on February 2nd, 2017. I hope we can see it sometime in May like the 2nd-gen CX-9 released earlier this year.

Nice catch! I hope Mazda North American Operations would insist including this Japanese front license plate holder for our US customers. I hate dealers simply just drill 2 holes into the brand new front bumper!

This 2nd-gen CX-5 is available in Japan market on February 2nd, 2017. I hope we can see it sometime in May like the 2nd-gen CX-9 released earlier this year.

No front plate in PA and my car doesn't have holes. If your State requires a front plate, your dealer should drill holes to mount it. It's a much better solution than having holes drilled at the factory, IMO.

No front plate in PA and my car doesn't have holes. If your State requires a front plate, your dealer should drill holes to mount it. It's a much better solution than having holes drilled at the factory, IMO.
The key here is the "holder". Having a holder is much better than leaving the metal license plate direct-contact with bumper. Besides, the holder can be optional to be installed by the dealer depending on requirement. Like my previous vehicles, the front license plate holder comes loose with the car, and can be installed by dealer if necessary.

No fog lights....??
Just like there're no tweeters on A-pillars, this sample is a new 2nd-gen CX-5 with basic trim level such as 20S PROACTIVE without Bose Sound System option for Japanese market.

If you look closely I think you will find the bumper is marked for drilling.

The key here is the "holder". Having a holder is much better than leaving the metal license plate direct-contact with bumper. Besides, the holder can be optional to be installed by the dealer depending on requirement. Like my previous vehicles, the front license plate holder comes loose with the car, and can be installed by dealer if necessary.
I agree with you, a plate without a holder looks like crap. My whole point was in response to someone asking for a factory mounted (drilled) holder. I don't want it, there's no front plate where I live and I don't want to see holes if I take the holder off.

Just like there're no tweeters on A-pillars, this sample is a new 2nd-gen CX-5 with basic trim level such as 20S PROACTIVE without Bose Sound System option for Japanese market.

Basic trim level with 19" wheels? I hope there is a different wheel option for the top trim level. That being said, those wheels starting to grow on me, looks better at night but still keen for a different option!

Basic trim level with 19" wheels? I hope there is a different wheel option for the top trim level. That being said, those wheels starting to grow on me, looks better at night but still keen for a different option!
In Japan each engine type, 20S(SA-G 2.0L)、25S(SA-G 2.5L)、XD(SA-D 2.2L), offers basic (no name)、PROACTIVE、and L Package (not for 20S) trim levels. Bose Sound System is available as an option for PROACTIVE and L Package trim levels. And 19" wheels are available as an option for all trims. Yeah, those optional equipments are definitely more flexible on new CX-5 in Japanese domestic market.

I agree with you, a plate without a holder looks like crap. My whole point was in response to someone asking for a factory mounted (drilled) holder. I don't want it, there's no front plate where I live and I don't want to see holes if I take the holder off.
I don't want any holes on the bumper either and I asked my dealer not to drill holes at front to put their dealer plate when our special ordered CX-5 arrives. Since in the US certain states don't require front license plate, the common practice is the factory front plate holder, if available, is provided loose with the new car package, and installed (drilling holes) by the dealer if required. If the holder is not installed, the front bumper doesn't have holes. In Japan the front license plate is always required, hence the holder is installed at the assembly line.

Back