Big boy cx5?

Chris_Top_Her

Banned
Contributor
:
San Antonio, Texas
:
'15 CX-5 Miata AWD
Dang.. nice ride. Probably will have a good aftermarket too. https://www.alfaromeousa.com/cars/alfa-romeo-stelvio

DUV_GAL_HI_03.jpg

Turbo v6 and turbo i4...

Last edited:
I like... the Italian reliability might give me pause but when dropping that kinda coin on a vehicle that is probably not high on the list. I hadn't really thought of Alfa in a while. A flashback to the failed Milano here in US came back from the distant memory vault.

guilty-pleasure-alfa-romeo-milano_100345711_m.jpg

1b7eb76e00a62a71a7cab6fb098e3be1.jpg

so i have to ask the obvious noob question: is this really a mazda dressed up in italian leather or just a coincidentally similar style?

so i have to ask the obvious noob question: is this really a mazda dressed up in italian leather or just a coincidentally similar style?

It has some mazda parts - the dash looks like a hybrid of the cx-5 and cx-3. Alfa Romeo has a car based on the Miata as well. It wouldn't surprise me if this vehicle and its sedan counterpart are based on the Mazda 6 platform.

It seemed to me, that kind of looks like a CX5.
I love the Jaguar better, though.

You're right! I was thinking it was an Alfa Romeo.

Alfa Romeo is owned by Fiat though.

Same as JEEP. In my eyes nothing can beat the Maserati Levante in the crossover section and the Bentaiga in the SUV section. Maybe the upcoming Roll's can do-we will see(bolt)

Last edited:
Best to do a little research before going off about what the Stelvio is or isn't platform-wise. It's built off the same chassis as the new Giulia sedan. Totally different than any mere Jeep!

Best to do a little research before going off about what the Stelvio is or isn't platform-wise. It's built off the same chassis as the new Giulia sedan. Totally different than any mere Jeep!

I kinda laughed at that cherokee comment.. @ unob a jeep srt would flip over trying to keep up with something like this. And probably lose the straightline too.

Last edited:
That IS a sexy beast! It was added to the short list for my next ride, after the lease is up on the CX-5.

The triangle grill is classic Alpha and has nothing to do with engine configuration. As for "twin rotary V6", you'll have to explain that one!

Back