Noisy Heater/ AC Blower

Z06Trev

:
2016 Mazda CX-5 GT AWD
The heater / AC blower in my wife's 2016 started making a noticeable noise at low fan speeds. I removed the glove box and pulled the cabin filter out. I looked through the open slot and was able to see the squirrel cage blower. I thought there might be something rubbing or maybe some debris in the housing causing the noise, but found no problems.

This was a minor issue, but annoying in a car that was less than a year old, so I took it to the dealer. I was impressed with the service department. They gave us a brand new CX-5 loaner, ordered a new blower motor and installed it the next day.

If this problem occurs after the warranty expires, the blower motor appears to be readily accessible and fairly easy to replace. They only charged Mazda 0.2 hours labor. The part number is KD45-61-B10. List price is around $220.

If it wasn't under warranty, I would have disassembled the motor to see if it was possible to fix. Maybe there was a bearing that could have been lubricated.

Do you have mods on your z06

Off topic, but yes I do have some mods on my '04 Z06. It used to be a show car, but now it is my track car for road courses. Most modifications are for safety such as racing seats, harness bar, 6 point harnesses, upgraded tires and brakes. No power upgrades yet since it already has 405 HP in a 3200 lb car.

Back