Aries/3D StyleGuard floor liners vs ?

:
2016.5 CX-5 GT AWD titanium/black 2016 Miata Club ST MT white
I'm looking for some all weather floor liners for my new CX-5. These Aries liners look great, way better than OEM and the Weathertech liners.

Anyone have these? What's the verdict?

According to this long 17-page thread with 248 posts,

All Weather Mats...Which?

this Canadian Mazda OEM "Premium" floor liners are the best and some Amazon seller was selling them before in the US:
sorry, missed your question
on the mazda canada website, http://www.mazda.ca/MciWeb/buildPrice.action , build your own, it lists 3 types
FLOOR LINERS $210.00
FLOOR MATS - ALL WEATHER MATS - $150.00
PREMIUM FLOOR LINERS - 1ST ROW - $175.00
PREMIUM FLOOR LINERS - 2ND ROW - $129.00

we had all weather types in other vehicles, but still got some carpet damage, so decided to go big this time LOL
attachment.php
-----
attachment.php

driver side - pedal view-----driver floor view
attachment.php

front passenger
attachment.php
------
attachment.php

rear passenger--------rear passenger - full across (one piece)
the colour matches the vehicle interior (blk leather) although the pics don't really show it on the front ones due to the phone flash
they're installed, stock carpet mats pulled -you can see the grommet type things on the front pics
depth is 2" for the front ones, 3" for the rear piece
like i said in orig post - a little pricey compared to some but we threw them in as part of overall pillaging negotiations :)
btw - we considered both the husky liners and the spider ones too
and prices really suck here for most accessories, especially if you get them from US firm and pay the exchange on top
sorry - no part no.

WeatherTech floor liners are expensive and offer only a half of dead pedal coverage with other flaws:
The Weathertech are great in every aspect... Except for one thing. They didn't raise the plastic to prevent dirt from filling the base of the throttle pedal. Stupid flaw.
I couldn't agree more. I purchased the Weather Tech liners because I've had great experiences in the past, but how they designed the liner by the gas pedal is a HUGE flaw. We park on a slight incline and any water held in by the liner, drains right into the gas pedal area flooding the carpet underneath. If there is any standing water on the mat, eventually it will flow into that area which does not have a lip.....completely useless.

Problems on Aries/3D StyleGuard floor liners:
Well I just received my 3D maxpider Kuga liners today and once again I am disappointed. It appears that I either got mats that were miss cut or they changed the design of the drivers side liner. I went with the 3D's over the weathertech because of the extra "lip" near the gas pedal. figured it capture a bit more winter gunk and what not but the liner I received did not have the lip like all the pictures show and what other members picture show. I'm in contact with U-ACE as we speak trying to figure it out. If it is a design change, I don't know if I should keep the weathertechs or the 3D's. The 3D fits better all around the edges but as zero lip at the gas pedal, it also covers the whole dead pedal. The Weathertechs fit much poorer then expected, only cover half the dead pedal but so have a small lip at the gas pedal area.

Here's some pics of the 3D mat missing the lip:
attachment.php
I actually have a set of the Aries mats sitting in the basement right now. They are exactly the same as the 3D ones I had previously ordered. The lip by the gas pedal has been removed on the Aries as well. I suspect they are produced by the same factory over seas. The one plus the Aries mat has going for it is it states a lifetime warranty for the mats. I called their tech support to ask about the design change and am waiting to hear back from them. They have kind of crapoy customer service. The guy said he needed to call the warehouse and check with them on something, took my number, said he'd call me back later, never did. I've also sent several emails to them with now response.

Thanks for the post yrwei52!

Too bad about the lack of a lip near the go peddle on the Aries mats. I wouldn't mind paying the premium price for the Canadian Mazda mats if I could find them here.

Over at the Aries website they have a pic of the liners for our CX-5s and it clearly shows a nice tall lip near the go peddle.

Is this not actuate then?

MZ03811509_1024x768_a.jpg

Over at the Aries website they have a pic of the liners for our CX-5s and it clearly shows a nice tall lip near the go peddle.

Is this not actuate then?

MZ03811509_1024x768_a.jpg

Nope it is not an accurate picture anymore. They have changed the design of the mats to the no lip design that is circled above. I was really hoping for the ones that they picture with the lip but after talking with the company I learned that they changed the design as someone felt it might interfere with the gas pedal and be a safety concern so the design was changed and the lip removed. The CAD oem ones might still have the lip as I don't thing they are manufactured any longer and it's just remaining stock of the older design.

Nope it is not an accurate picture anymore. They have changed the design of the mats to the no lip design that is circled above. I was really hoping for the ones that they picture with the lip but after talking with the company I learned that they changed the design as someone felt it might interfere with the gas pedal and be a safety concern so the design was changed and the lip removed. The CAD oem ones might still have the lip as I don't thing they are manufactured any longer and it's just remaining stock of the older design.

Well crap! I really liked those liners too.

As far as winter floor mats goes, for me the point is moot (for now). We went in to pick up our new CX-5 yesterday and I mentioned needing winter floor mats to my salesman. He pointed to a box leaning against the wall in his office and said that's for you. A set of 4 Mazda winter floor mats. (drinks)

Back