Kongka vs factory cargo covers

:
Mazda CX 5 Touring
Curious if there is much difference between the factory cargo cover and the Kongka version. Kongka is about $40 cheaper.

The original is attached to the hatch, so it opens nice and wide when the hatch opens.
Looking at Amazon pictures, it looks like Kongka attaches to the sides, stays closed when the hatch is opened.

There's a short video on amazon showing that the Kongka does attach to the rear hatch just like the oem one. The only difference I see is that the OEM as a mesh section exposed when the tailgate is up which allows sight to the interior of the vehicle and also thru to the front to see if anyone is approaching the vehicle. One could consider it a safety feature to be able to see so someone can't sneak up on you while loading the car. I like the mesh so that I can keep on eye on the baby when she's in her seat. Just food for thought.

I have the OEM and like the mesh insert. Makes it easy to talk and see inside the vehicle.

The mesh is also somewhat stretchy which helps cover objects that are slightly too tall.

EDIT: The two are similar enough I wouldn't be surprised if they come from the same factory.

Last edited:
Back