Wow 3 months old and oddities appear

:
Mazda cx5 2.5
Started with hazard lights cannot be switched off untill car is switched off and on again. I think switched stucked to on.

Now car cannot shift into gear from park until restarted.

Less than 6k km.

Sheesh

Started with hazard lights cannot be switched off untill car is switched off and on again. I think switched stucked to on.

Less than 6k km.

Sheesh
I'm not surprised some of the CX-5 owners are having unexpected problems as I've been saying Mazda's quality and reliability are not the greatest from Japan. Your hazard problem definitely is not the switch stuck to on as the hazard is powered all the time. Now added with your shifting issue, I'd believe you have problems on your main control module, or some bad grounding which causes the symptoms you have, and requires a whole system reset.

Less than 6k km.

Sheesh

What happened to make you have to use the hazard lights? Accident, ran out of gas, engine died, battery died? Perhaps unplugging then plugging the battery could help otherwise a trip to the dealership to get parts changed under warranty is needed.

What happened to make you have to use the hazard lights? Accident, ran out of gas, engine died, battery died? Perhaps unplugging then plugging the battery could help otherwise a trip to the dealership to get parts changed under warranty is needed.

I turn it on when I do a reverse Park.

Are you saying you cannot shift into gear with the engine running? The car will not allow you to go into gear unless the engine is running and your foot is on the brake.

Thats not how you do it, most Womenfolk here in USA apply makeup when they reverse. It does not cause any glitch.

But on serious side - if you can show your dealer this happens - he will fix it. I would say its no biggie.

Oh ok. That's not something I'm familiar with. You know the first time I seen the red hazard light button as a teenager I asked my cousin what it was. I believed him when he said it was for vtec to kick in LOL.

Are you saying you cannot shift into gear with the engine running? The car will not allow you to go into gear unless the engine is running and your foot is on the brake.

It shows D but when you press the gas pedal nothing happens.

Shutdown and restart the car and it works.

Hazard lights can switch off at the workshop

So now is wait and see if it happens again.

Latest posts

Back