fog light modification

calebian21

:
2015 Subaru WRX
Does anyone know how to remove the little deflector piece in the fog light housing? I feel like the stock fog lights are next to useless and I believe that if one could remove the deflector, it would increase their usability. Short of baking the housing and taking the screw out of the deflector, I don't really know if it is possible to remove it.

Does anyone know how to remove the little deflector piece in the fog light housing? I feel like the stock fog lights are next to useless and I believe that if one could remove the deflector, it would increase their usability. Short of baking the housing and taking the screw out of the deflector, I don't really know if it is possible to remove it.

When I had my 13, I used a pair of needle nose pliers to twist and bend it

forum member tomcat1446 replaced his with no deflector fog housing for $35/pair,
much easier than trying to pull them apart...
see link in his post, he also posted night time driving video....

https://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?123856617-Installed-LED-fog-bezel-and-LED-switchback-in-2016-CX-5

Last edited:
Back