Door lock noise

:
2014.5 CX-5 GS FWD 2.5L
Noticed my electric door locks are making a weird whining noise. I found this thread while googling, but notice it's in the audio section. Figured moving it here may get some more hits.

https://www.mazdas247.com/forum/sho...y-drivers-door-power-door-lock-actuator/page3

There are a few people that had these replaced, so if one goes bad, do they all go? For owners that had them replaced, did you have any recurring noise with the new ones?
Is the new part actually a different module? Any info would be appreciated.
I have a few other things for the dealer to check out, and would like to do everything at once. My service dept is pretty sad, so just trying to get as much info before I go in.

Last edited:
I had one replaced and that was the end of it. Not sure if they've changed the part, it's a common enough issue across different car models that possibly so by now. To replace they will actually have to experience the noise, so you may need to wait until it does it all the time.

If you're out of warranty, I would have an independent shop do it - it's easy and will cost less.

I had one replaced and that was the end of it. Not sure if they've changed the part, it's a common enough issue across different car models that possibly so by now. To replace they will actually have to experience the noise, so you may need to wait until it does it all the time.

If you're out of warranty, I would have an independent shop do it - it's easy and will cost less.

This is the problem I am having now. It's getting cold and making the odd noise again when locking/unlocking but its not reproducible all the time. I took a video of it but not sure how much that will hold up in the dealer. I have an appointment tomorrow. Anyone else have this issue?

The lock on mine still worked fine, but made the loud whine, and only when it was cold out. I too took a little video on my phone. Since I had a bunch of warranty work done in the summer the noise was not there. The video was enough evidence to have them change it out.

The lock on mine still worked fine, but made the loud whine, and only when it was cold out. I too took a little video on my phone. Since I had a bunch of warranty work done in the summer the noise was not there. The video was enough evidence to have them change it out.

Yeah that's how mine is. Locks work fine just making that odd noise. Hopefully like your situation, the video is sufficient if it doesn't make the noise when I am at the dealer. thanks.

Back