Help choosing remote starter

cyterio

:
2016 Mazda CX-5 Grand Touring
I'm sure I'm over thinking this, but what OEM remote starter do I need to order? This is for the factory remote starter and the two options I have are, "with factory alarm or ieloop" or "w/o factory alarm or ieloop".
I have a 2016 Grand Touring w/o tech package. I have keyless entry and push button start, but didn't see anywhere on the specs where it states it has an alarm. I also know that some vehicles have a passive alarm which will sound the horn if a door is unlocked without the remote or key.
Any help would be appreciated!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Check the Compustar products. I just ordered the CS4102-S-KIT for my 14 Touring. It was $260 on Best Buy online including installation. There was an extra $25 or so in additional parts.

It gets installed in a couple of weeks due to my schedule.

i-eloop is not available in the US for the CX-5... I don't think alarm is included either.. you can test this by keeping a window rolled down, then unlocking the door from the inside and opening the door

stick to the OEM kit despite the high cost and what everyone says... you don't have to use your original remote/key and it also has feedback feature letting you know the car is running, etc.

i-eloop is not available in the US for the CX-5... I don't think alarm is included either.. you can test this by keeping a window rolled down, then unlocking the door from the inside and opening the door

stick to the OEM kit despite the high cost and what everyone says... you don't have to use your original remote/key and it also has feedback feature letting you know the car is running, etc.

Are you saying that if I get the factory remote starter, I can carry around just the remote starter key fob without having to have one of the originals? I asked this on another forum but never got an answer...

Also, do you know if both original fobs are required to program the remote starter fob?

Really appreciate any help!

Yes, and yes.
Are you sure about that? I have the Advanced Keyless Entry System and the OEM Remote Engine Start. The fob for the RES will not let me lock or unlock the car. I have to use one of the AKES fobs to lock/unlock it.

Everything I've read tells me that I will have to carry two fobs with the factory remote start, one for the remote start, and one for starting the cx-5 and unlocking/locking doors.

Also looks like I will need the additional kit for install, which I think it's only a good switch cable.

Everything I've read tells me that I will have to carry two fobs with the factory remote start, one for the remote start, and one for starting the cx-5 and unlocking/locking doors.

Also looks like I will need the additional kit for install, which I think it's only a good switch cable.

You definitely need the factory key fob as it has the authentication chip inside. I currently have an additional keyfob for remote starter (and also un/lock), but some have mentioned in other threads about programming the starter module (inside the car) to understand certain lock-unlock sequence as starting the car, thus no need for another keyfob (e.g. press lock-lock-lock, or lock-unlock-lock to start the car).

If you choose to carry two key fobs, might as well go with 2-way remotes. They have longer range than the factory one, and usually has an LCD/LED indicating if the car is locked/unlocked, and if engine is running.

The additional kit you mentioned is probably the bypass module, such as iDatalink, ...

Last edited:

I assume you are talking about the hood switch kit, which is just a small switch that attaches to the hood latch and has a long 2-wire harness that runs to the underhood fuse panel. It's not a bypass module.

Back