Thoughts please on an offer from UK Dealer for new CX-5 purchase

kenny1462

:
Mazda CX-5 150PS 2WD SE-L Nav Diesel
Hi all.

I have a question for any of the British users (I say British I know car dealers work in different ways in different countries).

I've had a offer from a dealer regarding a new CX-5 purchase and as I have never bought new before I'd like some opinions?

I am looking to buy a CX-5 SE-L NAV or SE-L Lux Nav used in Soul Red with only a couple of hundred miles on the clock and there are some on the Mazda UK approved scheme. But the kick is only a couple are in Soul Red and these are at different ends of the country so they are a no go.

The prices seem very reasonable as I can't justify the cost of a brand new one plus I need to sort out a car asap because I am currently without one so I started emailing dealers asking if they had any Soul Red SE-L Nav's or SE-L Lux Nav's due in over the next few weeks and one emailed me back to say that they have no used ones due in but they could do me a " unbeatable (deal sic) for a brand new one".

The car market in the UK (cannot speak for elsewhere) has changed - where paying outright in cash placed you in the best position I am given to understand that all dealers want to do now is push you on to a PCP plan because that's where they make a commission.

I do not want a Credit plan because I can pay for the car outright and PCP plans add to the cost and make the car more expensive.
I am unsure if what is being offered is good or even on the level so can you guys have a read below and let me know what you think. (I have removed anything that can identify the sender or the dealer)?

Any thoughts would be very appreciated.

The email is as follows:

" We have access to ex-Mazda UK management cars - they have every colour available apart from Soul Red!

It is by far the most popular colour and I won't try to change your mind about the colour choice, CX-5 really does look stunning with that paint finish.

Having searched the entire country on various databases, there is nothing at all suitable around. Therefore, what we would propose to do, is offer you something pretty much unbeatable for a brand new one. That way, you'd know that it would be faultless and immaculate.

Having checked stocks, we would be able to supply either the SE-L Nav , or SE-L Lux Nav model (2.2d 150) within the next two weeks. SE-L Nav is already on its way to us.

We would be able to offer you a substantial discount on either model and also use the Mazda 1,500 deposit contribution available on new car purchases to drive the price right down for you. Going down this route would mean you would have to take the car on a 3.9% APR PCP.. however... what isn't advertised, is that you can pay it off in full if you wish after a month without any penalty. I would be more than happy to discuss this in detail with you in person or over the telephone if you wish.

Did you have a maximum figure in mind that you would have been prepared to pay for a 2016 SE-L Nav? I can then see how close to that I could get, on a new one.

Please let me know and I will do my best for you!"

do disrespect, but you're the buyer. As long as you're not buying the car with a bag of used 20s, you should be fine.

I bought my CX-5, used, from a Mazda dealer and they tried to push so many car related financial products, but I paid with a debit card and handed over a Volvo for part ex.

As long as you're not buying the car with a bag of used 20s, you should be fine.

hahah it's all on the level - I have just saved very hard so I can pay outright as I hate buying on credit. (hah)

We would be able to offer you a substantial discount on either model and also use the Mazda 1,500 deposit contribution available on new car purchases to drive the price right down for you. Going down this route would mean you would have to take the car on a 3.9% APR PCP.. however... what isn't advertised, is that you can pay it off in full if you wish after a month without any penalty. I would be more than happy to discuss this in detail with you in person or over the telephone if you wish.

Did you have a maximum figure in mind that you would have been prepared to pay for a 2016 SE-L Nav? I can then see how close to that I could get, on a new one.

Please let me know and I will do my best for you!"[/I]

Our dealer invited us to do the same, so we did. Read the contract to make sure you can pay off the loan without penalty.

Back