First navigation issue encountered with my 11 month old CX-5 GT W/Tech.

So today, I went to turn on my navigation, and I get a "loading navigation" screen accompanied with the spinning wheel of death on the screen. Everything else on the infotainment system is still working and functioning as far as I could tell. Radio was still playing in the background. I'm able to access other menus and move around the system. However, everytime I go to the navigation either through the physical button or accessing through screen menu, it just says loading navigation with a gray backdrop and a spinning circle. I stopped off at a gas station, turned off the car, turned it back on... went to navigation... same problem! My final remedy, restore factory settings. That did the trick, but needless to say, lost all my personalized settings. Will have to tweak everything again after I get home from work.
Anyone experienced this "loading navigation" issue when trying to access navigation?

Car is 2016 CX-5 GT w/Tech Pkg. Had it since January 2016, and this is first encounter with this issue.

Thanks Craigo, but I believe I'm on second to latest, if not the latest firmware. Which has been quite stable up until today. This was the first factory reset I had to perform to fix any issue on the infotainment.
Can't remember exactly, but I think I'm on 55. something

Wondering if you ever tried taking out the SD card, and re-inserting it?

Have you updated the NAVIGATION SD card recently?

Nope, haven't done anything in terms of updating software/firmware or maps. Completely intact, asides from the minor personalization adjustments. Never touched the SD-Card either, and wasn't about to, while it was stuck on the 'loading navigation' screen, as I didn't want to corrupt the card if the system was accessing the card at the time.

Wondering if you ever tried taking out the SD card, and re-inserting it?

Have you updated the NAVIGATION SD card recently?

Nope, haven't done anything in terms of updating software/firmware or maps. Completely intact, asides from the minor personalization adjustments. Never touched the SD-Card either, and wasn't about to, while it was stuck on the 'loading navigation' screen, as I didn't want to corrupt the card if the system was accessing the card at the time.

Sounds to me like a head unit glitch then if you never touched the card. Stray particles from the solar storm?

It happened once to me on my 14 Mazda3 with the same infotainment... But after reset it was fine... in my case I removed and reinserted the card and it made no difference until I restored to factory settings.

So today, I went to turn on my navigation, and I get a "loading navigation" screen accompanied with the spinning wheel of death on the screen. Everything else on the infotainment system is still working and functioning as far as I could tell. Radio was still playing in the background. I'm able to access other menus and move around the system. However, everytime I go to the navigation either through the physical button or accessing through screen menu, it just says loading navigation with a gray backdrop and a spinning circle. I stopped off at a gas station, turned off the car, turned it back on... went to navigation... same problem! My final remedy, restore factory settings. That did the trick, but needless to say, lost all my personalized settings. Will have to tweak everything again after I get home from work.
Anyone experienced this "loading navigation" issue when trying to access navigation?

Car is 2016 CX-5 GT w/Tech Pkg. Had it since January 2016, and this is first encounter with this issue.
This is exactly what happened to our 2016 CX-5 GT with Tech about a month ago when I just noticed the street name on top of the infotainment screen was missing. We haven't use the navigation for many months and the system might have been broken for a while. Don't have a chance to take the CX-5 to our Mazda dealer yet but the service advisor suggested to upgrade the map on the SD card first. If that is true I wonder is it a ticking time bomb exploded too early as it supposed to be happened after warranty expired (and pay for the map upgrade) ⋯ (whistle)

BTW, I did do those system reset and SD card ejection tricks to no avail.

Thanks Craigo, but I believe I'm on second to latest, if not the latest firmware. Which has been quite stable up until today. This was the first factory reset I had to perform to fix any issue on the infotainment.
Can't remember exactly, but I think I'm on 55. something

Latest is 59.00.441

Latest is 59.00.441

Thanks for the version info Tccox. Do you know what this latest version addresses? I'll have to double check my version, but most likely it's not the 59.
For the most part, it's been quite stable except today with the 'loading navigation' problem, which was resolved with factory reset.
Don't really want to shoot myself in the foot going up to 59.00.441, unless I really needed to.

This is exactly what happened to our 2016 CX-5 GT with Tech about a month ago when I just noticed the street name on top of the infotainment screen was missing. We haven't use the navigation for many months and the system might have been broken for a while. Don't have a chance to take the CX-5 to our Mazda dealer yet but the service advisor suggested to upgrade the map on the SD card first. If that is true I wonder is it a ticking time bomb exploded too early as it supposed to be happened after warranty expired (and pay for the map upgrade) ⋯ (whistle)

BTW, I did do those system reset and SD card ejection tricks to no avail.

Yea, I hardly use my navigation as well. All in all for the 11 months I've had the vehicle, less than 10 times I've used it I would say, but everytime I did click on it, came right up... except for today of course. However, I was fortunate enough to get it back after the full factory reset in the settings menu.
I do believe I was still seeing the street names on top of infotainment system this morning, despite navigation not loading.

It helped but did not totally get rid of my Pandora issues. Changed map colors slightly to improve contrast at night

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had problems where the GPS lost track of where it is. Went in and they installed the latest 59.00.441. Now I have gotten the spinning loading navigation screen a few times. The GPS also gets lost occasionally because it can't find enough satellites.

I am taking it back today.

I had problems where the GPS lost track of where it is. Went in and they installed the latest 59.00.441. Now I have gotten the spinning loading navigation screen a few times. The GPS also gets lost occasionally because it can't find enough satellites.

I am taking it back today.

Wow, that blows... keep us updated on possible resolution. Hopefully, they'll sort it out when you bring it back today.

Yea, I hardly use my navigation as well. All in all for the 11 months I've had the vehicle, less than 10 times I've used it I would say, but everytime I did click on it, came right up... except for today of course. However, I was fortunate enough to get it back after the full factory reset in the settings menu.
I do believe I was still seeing the street names on top of infotainment system this morning, despite navigation not loading.
Then you had different problem than I have. Mine now says I don't have factory navigation system installed and is showing a compass. I did a Nav-Mute-Return-button "hard reset" and remove/insert the SD card to no avail. Did you do factory reset from manual selection on the screen or the "hard reset"?

Then you had different problem than I have. Mine now says I don't have factory navigation system installed and is showing a compass. I did a Nav-Mute-Return-button "hard reset" and remove/insert the SD card to no avail. Did you do factory reset from manual selection on the screen or the "hard reset"?

You definitely seem to be in a stickier situation. I did the factory reset from the screen under settings tab. I have never done the hard reset button combo on car since day one. Honestly, I just learned of the button reset combo today, as I was going through the forum.

Back