the Sport CX-5 doesn't have privacy glass right ?

:
2016.5 CX-5 GT
so was just driving around and noticed a CX-5 and I was surprised that I can see right thru the rear windows and trunk window, it was all clear with no tint. Honestly, I didn't like the no privacy glass look and I can see everything inside clear as day, it didn't have the OEM smoked tint mixed into the glass, I believe the Touring models have OEM privacy glass ?

Last edited:
Since the Sport and Touring models have the same wheels, the Rear Window tinting is the easiest way to tell the Sport from the Touring on the road.
(drinks)

I have a sport. It's got fog lights and privacy glass. It also has xenons... so is it not a sport?

I have a sport. It's got fog lights and privacy glass. It also has xenons... so is it not a sport?

I think Europe / UK trims are different from North America trims. But that's pretty good that you guys get OEM xenon HID's for the Sport trim. How much is the MSRP for Sport trim in UK ?

In the states, the sport trim is bare bones, no fogs, no tint.... but also the lowest cost, MSRP is like $23K USD for FWD, so it all depends on what the individual needs/wants are, in the end it's all the same engine/suspension if that's what you care about, it's depends if you're willing to pay more for AWD, leather seats, and more advanced technology.

Last edited:
I had touring with window tints from dealer. It was so cheap he only charged USD 495 for it.
Q to my UK friends, can someone in France come in for a small visit and buy a car in UK since the pound is down and take it back to France b4 hard brexit?

I had touring with window tints from dealer. It was so cheap he only charged USD 495 for it.

Since the Touring comes with tinted windows from the B pillar back, I assume you mean you paid $495 for a darker tint all around.

Since the Touring comes with tinted windows from the B pillar back, I assume you mean you paid $495 for a darker tint all around.

$495 is cheap for tinting 2 windows??? I think the dealer made himself a nice score there... (mad)

Q to my UK friends, can someone in France come in for a small visit and buy a car in UK since the pound is down and take it back to France b4 hard brexit?

Hi Kaps

They could buy it in the UK although it will be a UK trim level so the options on the trim level may vary compared to the trim levels in France. Also the steering wheel will be on the right hand side rather than the left. I don't know if there may be warranty considerations with Mazda France?

Jonno21

On a forum where 30# of sound-deadening material is "a performance killer" in a 3500# 184hp SUV, you never know.
Panoramic moonroof is "a performance killer" too! I guess I should lose 30 pounds of weight to increase my CX-5's performance! (whistle)

I think Europe / UK trims are different from North America trims. But that's pretty good that you guys get OEM xenon HID's for the Sport trim. How much is the MSRP for Sport trim in UK ?

In the states, the sport trim is bare bones, no fogs, no tint.... but also the lowest cost, MSRP is like $23K USD for FWD, so it all depends on what the individual needs/wants are, in the end it's all the same engine/suspension if that's what you care about, it's depends if you're willing to pay more for AWD, leather seats, and more advanced technology.

In many places the size and/or engine displacement of the cx-5 puts it in a higher tax bracket of sorts, so trim levels usually sway to the more luxury end there.

Back