What's this on my info display?

whoawhat

:
2016 Mazda CX-5
G1DpSV2l.jpg

The mph one the arrow is pointing to on the distance recognition display. What does it mean? Mine always seems to just say "--- mph" and never has numbers but I'm not even sure what it's supposed to tell me to sort out why that is.

I've got a 2016.5 GT with tech and i-ACTIVSENSE.

When you set the cruse control it will show your set speed in digital numbers as well as the analog gauge.. your analog dial my show you 65 mph, as you set the cruise control it may show you 64mph. ....

Here I thought those were the CX-5 giving me the winning Powerball numbers dammit :(

Does anyone else find the Current MPG the most useless piece of information any car computer can provide? Maybe I'm missing something if so enlighten me. Also how does that information reconcile with the mileage info the in the "applications" section

Not at all I find it very useful.. I rather like it as I try to keep it up so it helps me not lead foot it when I can just feather it and get the same results with out burning fuel usefulnessly...

Remember if you don't like it you can change the screen. But to each there own.. I keep that one displaying the most..

Does anyone else find the Current MPG the most useless piece of information any car computer can provide? Maybe I'm missing something if so enlighten me. Also how does that information reconcile with the mileage info the in the "applications" section

It is useful if you want to know your current MPG. If you do not want to know it, than change the display to something you like...

Yes, I realize I can change the display but my current MPG goes from 14.7 to 23.5 to 49.8 to 99.8 in about 15 seconds. The number is constantly changing and the range is from 15-99.....was just wondering if anyone else had that issue. The current mileage in the "app" doesn't have those swings so it seems to be more accurate

Of course it does, when its doing that, be mindful of how your foot is pressing the gas... you let up on the gas and the mpg will go up to 50-60-80-99 sure. You press harder and it will drop to 8.4 as you use more fuel to power the engine.

Next time just relax and feather the gas (unless your racing to keep 'that other guy' from merging in) it's giving you a current mpg rate depending on the gas being used. Try the cruse control too you'll see a more constant mpg.

Last edited:
Yes, I realize I can change the display but my current MPG goes from 14.7 to 23.5 to 49.8 to 99.8 in about 15 seconds. The number is constantly changing and the range is from 15-99.....was just wondering if anyone else had that issue. The current mileage in the "app" doesn't have those swings so it seems to be more accurate

It's an instantaneous reading of your mpg at that specific instance, not an average. So if you floor the gas pedal your mpg at that moment is 5.0, and if you're coasting downhill with your foot off the gas pedal your mpg at that moment is 99.9. This is useful to monitor how your driving habits impact you're mileage. Monitoring you're mpg as you drive will help you to become more light footed and improve you mpg.

Thanks guys I do have a better understanding of the current MPG!! Not sure I will use it to monitor and adjust my driving patterns to achieve max mpg. After all I did buy a "zoom zoom" and not a "yota"!!! I will just have to be jealous of everyone's high "fuelly" numbers while I linger around the 25 mpg zone

Back