navigation questions 2015 GT

treepeony1

:
mazda cx-5
Hi,
About to take possession of a used 2015 CX-5 GT. Looking for what to do for navigation. It looks like I'll need the KJ02-66-EF0C for the OEM navigation.
With that option, it appears that the system is locked while driving. I don't want that scenario.
1) I saw where someone disconnected the vehicle speed sensor wire. Has anyone here tried this?
2) There appears to be possible firmware hacks, but I am confused if they would apply to the 2015?
I don't really want to spend ~$500 and end up with that functionality.
Last option would be a separate gps. Any good options of where to attach it?
thank you.
Jonathan

Hi,
About to take possession of a used 2015 CX-5 GT. Looking for what to do for navigation. It looks like I'll need the KJ02-66-EF0C for the OEM navigation.
With that option, it appears that the system is locked while driving. I don't want that scenario.
1) I saw where someone disconnected the vehicle speed sensor wire. Has anyone here tried this?
2) There appears to be possible firmware hacks, but I am confused if they would apply to the 2015?
I don't really want to spend ~$500 and end up with that functionality.
Last option would be a separate gps. Any good options of where to attach it?
thank you.
Jonathan

1) I'd love to see a how-to video on the speed sensor wire-ectomy.
2) The hacks I've seen apply to the 2016> GPS which is different from the TomTom unit in the >2015.5 models.
With the 5" touchscreen, you can purchase the add-on GPS from Amazon https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned)

Last edited:
The system locks you out of the settings, you can still change destination .

I don't use it a lot but voice recognition does work to enter in destinations. This limitation is far from a Mazda thing... I've had a factory nav in cars since 2001 and mine have always limited options upon movement.

Back