Clearing Codes.

:
2013 Mazda CX-5, 2.0 Manual Transmission, 1989 Mazda MX-6
For the second time my check engine light came on. And I have been seeng the TCS and TPMS lights come on too ( these two lights go on and off everyday ). I went to the parts store and they pulled several codes. They all seem to point to the Brake Switch A. I get my new switch in the mail tomorrow.
Once I install it is there a way for me to clear the codes from memory? If the check engine light stays on, I can alway disconnect the negative terminal to get that off.
My concern is down the road, if it ever ends up at a Mazda Dealer for repair, are they going to see these codes, and start looking into repairing stuff already fixed? And if I can't clear the stored codes myself, will that affect the State inspection?

Codes are
C0051, C1031, C0040, and several P0571

... My concern is down the road, if it ever ends up at a Mazda Dealer for repair, are they going to see these codes, and start looking into repairing stuff already fixed? And if I can't clear the stored codes myself, will that affect the State inspection?
Codes are C0051, C1031, C0040, and several P0571
For annual state inspection in Texas, you'll pass as long as your CEL is not on during the inspection. You can have stored error codes without the CEL. You can always buy a cheap OBD2 scan tool to reset the CEL and erase the stored error codes.

Torque app and an elm $5 obd2 bluetooth dingle from ebay

My switch was somehow messed up while nine was at a body shop a while back, they replaced it.

That blue driver dongle looks good, $99 at amazon. Is it more thorough than the cheaper ones?

Good news, with the new brake switch installed all warning lights are now not lighting up. No tools needed to replace. It kind of like replacing a headlight bulb, Just a small twist and its out, then disconnect wiring plug ( which is the hardest part ). So now just want to clear the codes. And use the dongle for future problems.

Back