New infotainment OS Version

:
2016.5 Mazda CX-5 GT
I had version 55.00.753 on my 16.5 awd gtw/ tech & iactive. Took it to dealer today to get 55.00.760 this afternoon. Dealer updated and found most current version is now 59.00.441 which was also installed. Took about 1.5 hours. I'm looking for differences now.

Do you guys just call and say you want your car updated? I'm guessing it has to be a warranty issue for them to do it N/C?

Was reading about the firmware update over on Mazda 3 revolution. Doesn't appear to be any real changes. However, someone was digging through the code of the firmware and found MORE mentions of AA and carplay. Cross your fingers guys. As the previous rumor may be true about version 60 being the one that brings AA and carplay to our vehicles.

Firmware update should be no charge...I think. Than again I think last time I updated was when I did an oil change. Let us know if you find out.

I had it done today. With the version 59..., everything seems to be loading more quickly.

I had it done today. With the version 59..., everything seems to be loading more quickly.

Did you just call your dealer and ask to have it updated? How long did it take? Cost anything?

I can't believe you can not update the firmware yourself . I had a first generation Blu ray player. When I heard about a firmware update , I would go online and request a disc from Panasonic, it was that simple.

You can do this through the Mazda website.. with the Mazda toolbox software.

You can do this through the Mazda website.. with the Mazda toolbox software.

This is for the maps only, not the firmware. Personally, when the EU update has been released, I think I will go and let the dealer do it in case the unit is bricked. Then it is their responsibility to fix/replace. I am used to building computers, updating software, BIOS etc although when it comes to my car I'm not taking any chances as a new DMU costs more to replace than a PC motherboard.

Jonno21

Basically that was it. It didn't cost anything and I had it done during an oil change. It took about 90 minutes.

Did you just call your dealer and ask to have it updated? How long did it take? Cost anything?

Basically that was it. It didn't cost anything and I had it done during an oil change. It took about 90 minutes.

It only takes a few moments to perform the update - the tech was likely busy with other vehicles in the queue.

It only takes a few moments to perform the update - the tech was likely busy with other vehicles in the queue.

Yeah, from copying the firmware onto a USB drive to finishing the update would take at most 10 minutes. I've always done the updates myself, downloading from the mentioned mazda3revolution forum. Currently I have a bunch of tweaks applied, it's very stable and convenient. The new firmware probably will mess up the existing tweaks and have not been tested by the community yet, so I'm just gonna wait for a while.

It takes over 30 mins to update the MZD software, you have to have sufficient battery volts so i connect a charger, and before 25 mins you need to press the brake pedal on a auto so the car doesnt go into automatic shut down.

Tweaks can take about 10 mins once they are on a usb which is the time consuming part, unzipping and downloading the tweaks takes longer.

Well just got back from dealer getting 10,000 service done and getting the new OS update. First time getting it updated so i went all the way from 55.00.750 to current. Does seem faster but big thing is Pandora finally seems to work !!! Drove all the way home without dropping a single time. Keeping my fingers crossed

Well just got back from dealer getting 10,000 service done and getting the new OS update. First time getting it updated so i went all the way from 55.00.750 to current. Does seem faster but big thing is Pandora finally seems to work !!! Drove all the way home without dropping a single time. Keeping my fingers crossed

Good to hear! I'd like to go in to get the update but my flexible schedule is at 70%. Not going to need to be in there for a little bit. I know you stated 10,000 mile service, but is there even anything to do at that point? Or was it just an oil change for you? I mention it because this morning I got a maintenance due in 1200 miles alert and I'm at 14000 miles. Guessing for a possible 15000 mile service? But it seems after looking at the maintenance schedule, nothing is really due till 20000/24 months. Not including the typical oil change/tire rotation.

Oil change, filter and wheel rotation. I normally would have gone longer but it was free and I wanted the OS update. Pandora been working perfectly all day.

Back