Totaled or Repairable after Rollover?

IMG_2249.JPGIMG_2247.JPGIMG_2238.JPGIMG_2236.JPG

Hi Everyone,

I was just in an accident yesterday where I was t-boned by another vehicle likely speeding/texting, causing my car to flip over (see attached photos). Thankfully, the other driver and I came away with just a few scratches. As my car is going through the insurance claims process, could I get your opinion on whether my car is a total loss or possibly repairable? I want to be prepared in case I need to buy a new car.

2016 Mazda CX-5, 15,000 miles, bought August 2015

Thank you!

Hell no, I wouldn't want that car back whether they totalled it or not. Glad you are OK and posting here after only one day.

Definitely totalled. The airbags alone are a healthy chunk of the repair cost. Add in the fact that every body panel forward of the quarter panels is damaged, and it's a no-brainer.

Thank you! If that's the case, I'd like to get the same car, any advice on the shopping process? Maybe it's worth going to the same dealer and asking them for the same price/financing?

It can't hurt to get the ball rolling with a dealer if you know exactly what you want for a replacement, but you insurance company shouldn't take long to process your claim.

Without wanting to delve too deeply into your personal finances, I'll say that if you're under water at all, you'll be on the hook for any negative equity before you want to go getting another car loan. If you have GAP insurance, that should be fairly quick an painless as well, once the primary insurance declares the CX-5 a write-off.

Thank you! If that's the case, I'd like to get the same car, any advice on the shopping process? Maybe it's worth going to the same dealer and asking them for the same price/financing?

You should get some kind of Loyalty discount no?

My wife's CX-5 was totaled last year and we used the same sales agent who was exceptionally helpful

T-boned and roll over is a pretty good jolt, and then walking away with a few minor scratches. At least it shows the safety factor inside the CX5 is working.
I'd say totalled and your going shopping.

I would start shopping for quotes (assuming you have rental car insurance for a few weeks). I would read up on how to get a higher offer for the totaled car from the other guys insurance. I would get a good attorney for medical injuries and if i can milk some more money (You want to do this because that texting driver could kill someone next - So get the highest $$$ to push his premium high)

Get a good quote from dealer and then ask for mazda loyalty discount and get that on top.

Since it was the other drivers fault shouldn't that persons insurance pay for Rental car and all expenses including replacement car ?????? North Carolina is not a No Fault state

Yes, your old CX-5 is done. It did it's job...

Glad you are both OK!

Time to decide how you want your next vehicle equipped and colored...

Totaled for sure.

Quick tip, make sure you settle the car separate from any bodily injury. It is tempting to settle quick to get things resolved but you may end up with further injuries down the road. Insurance company will ALWAYS push for a quick settlement so they are off the hook.

Glad to hear you are alright!!!!! Reassuring to see it protected you well.

EDIT: Did the auto-911 feature call out on your model? Assuming you had that feature enabled.

Glad to hear both drivers are fine and that's the most important thing! Your CX-5 is definitely totaled and you should try to get another CX-5 from the same dealer with similar deal plus loyalty cash back ($500~$1,000). Unfortunately you can't wait for the new 2nd-gen CX-5 coming out.

Glad to hear you are alright!!!!! Reassuring to see it protected you well.

EDIT: Did the auto-911 feature call out on your model? Assuming you had that feature enabled.

Yes, the auto-911 feature did go off! As I was on the phone with an operator, someone nearby said that help is on the way so I let the operator know and then I pulled myself out of the driver's side window. No glass on me, either.

I really appreciate everyone's advice! It has really added to the recovery process.

Yes, the auto-911 feature did go off! As I was on the phone with an operator, someone nearby said that help is on the way so I let the operator know and then I pulled myself out of the driver's side window. No glass on me, either.

I really appreciate everyone's advice! It has really added to the recovery process.

Most important is that you are not hurt badly. Rest is just small term impact. I hope you get a good deal - do check out some of my posts in the price section - I believe you can nail 12% discount with mazda loyalty. also now that you owned the car you know which trim is best value. I wanted the tech on Touring but settled for Bose + Moon roof (which wifey thought was a must) - In 1 month we have used moonroof--- 0 times.

Sure glad you are OK. As the other posters have said, it most likely is totalled. I have a 2014 CX 5. This makes me feel safer driving mine. Good luck!

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

Back