TCS light and TPMS light coming on!!!!

zombieman

:
2013 mazda cx-5 awd touring
Good evening everyone, I have a 2013 CX-5 AWD Touring with 60000 miles. As I was driving from work today my TCS light and TPMS light came on. I pulled over and check the tire pressures and all the tires are 36psi looked under the hood and I notice the brake level is low so I topped it off. lights went out I thought no worries. but as soon as I started driving lights came back on. Got home turned the car off and back on, lights were on and then I put it in drive lights went out took a drive to test it out lights come back on. So has anyone had this before. I'm gonna call the dealer in the morning to see if I can get it tomorrow or Tuesday just thought I asked. Thanks

If you're sure that all 4 pressures are OK, just reset the TPMS light and see if it comes back. This has happened to me a couple of times on my 2013. After checking to make sure that the pressures are OK, I reset it and it didn't come back. Go figure.

Good evening everyone, I have a 2013 CX-5 AWD Touring with 60000 miles. As I was driving from work today my TCS light and TPMS light came on. I pulled over and check the tire pressures and all the tires are 36psi looked under the hood and I notice the brake level is low so I topped it off. lights went out I thought no worries. but as soon as I started driving lights came back on. Got home turned the car off and back on, lights were on and then I put it in drive lights went out took a drive to test it out lights come back on. So has anyone had this before. I'm gonna call the dealer in the morning to see if I can get it tomorrow or Tuesday just thought I asked. Thanks

Although the brake fluid should not affect TCS or TPMS you still have a problem. Where did the fluid go, you should not lose any during normal operations. You should have the brakes checked, low fluid usually means it's bleeding out due to thin pads or some other problem with the brakes.

As far as the lights, if tire pressure is good do the TPMS reset and see how that goes. I had the same problem at 900 miles, checked, reset and never saw it again.

I've had this problem for a few weeks now, and have not spent much time getting to the root of the problem ( because of the heat an humidity here in houston ). I took all the sensors and wiped them clean, only the drivers side front looked dirty. My next step is figuring out a way to clean the tone ring. Not much space in there to get to them. If that fails it might be one of the sensors. I wish there was a way to tell which one was the sensors, without testing each one until you find it.

Well the dealership figured it out. The brake switch was shorting to ground. They replaced the switch and so far no lights have pop up. Hopefully this help other people. their was no way I would have thought the brake switch would cause this.

Well the dealership figured it out. The brake switch was shorting to ground. They replaced the switch and so far no lights have pop up. Hopefully this help other people. their was no way I would have thought the brake switch would cause this.
Thanks for sharing the experience. Were your brake lights not functioning as the brake switch was shorting to ground? Yeah it's hard to relate failed brake switch to TCS and TPMS malfunctioning. The mechanic at your Mazda dealer apparently has seen this before and could quickly find the culprit! Still a good job done by your dealer.

Thanks for sharing the experience. Were your brake lights not functioning as the brake switch was shorting to ground? Yeah it's hard to relate failed brake switch to TCS and TPMS malfunctioning. The mechanic at your Mazda dealer apparently has seen this before and could quickly find the culprit! Still a good job done by your dealer.

Or just followed the flow chart troubleshooter in the service manual :)

Replaced brake switch. This is very interesting because saturday my check engine light came on. I went to the parts store and they pulled the code PO571. Which is cruise control/Brake switch A circuit malfunction. The engine light cleared after they pulled the code and has not come back. I researched here and found a post where the same happened did not re-appear. So I was not too worried. But it looks like you may have solved my problem so I will be getting a new switch.

Edit. I installed my new brake switch yesterday. And so far no lights have popped up for me either. So a big thank you to zombieman for the helpful information.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-09-27 at 8.12.41 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-09-27 at 8.12.41 PM.png
    42.5 KB · Views: 314
Last edited:
Back