What was/is your favorite CX-5 car review

What was/is your favorite CX-5 car review That you watched before deciding on the CX-5? I watched as many as I could...

I liked these two..

https://youtu.be/X0tf4t9qnVc

And

https://youtu.be/tJcfvbmBQpA

This was interesting:

https://youtu.be/PUXCKaR9ZUo

I didn't watch any reviews prior to deciding to purchase my CX-5, but I did really like the first link in your post. It pretty much sums up my impressions of the car, minus their ragging on the unpainted lower portion of the exterior. As someone that does a decent amount of driving on dirt, gravel, and mud out here in Kansas, I absolutely love the unpainted portion since I don't have to worry about damaging paint. For someone that just cares about looks, I could see that being an eyesore.

When I purchased my CX-5, I literally swung by the dealership, went for a brief test drive, and purchased the car. I didn't even look under the hood until about a week later. Mazdas are quality. I love our 2007 Mazda3 that I've owned since it was new, and I enjoyed the short time I had with my 2015 Mazda3 before going to the CX-5 for something larger. You could call me a Mazda fanboy. Heck, my wife is getting the new Miata because we don't want to deviate from Mazdas.

On an unrelated note, our 2007 Mazda3 has been the most reliable car I've owned. 140k miles later, and there has literally been zero things that needed maintenance outside of the routine stuff. It is still on the factory clutch and suspension. Heck, we just replaced the factory pads and had the rotors resurfaced. With engine braking (manual transmission), it blew my mind that the factory brakes could last so long with the rotors being able to be resurfaced as well. Bravo, Mazda!

Mah 2 hands on the steering, my leg on gas and then 3 to 4 rounds of test drives. ++ the fact that before/after test drives on CRV, RAV4, X5 and Porsche Macaan. I do NOT trust ANY online review boards.

The review from Savage Geese was the clincher for me. I did a fair amount of research before pulling the trigger on a compact SUV. I used a broker who shops auto auctions to find late model, low mileage. He tried to talk me into a Dodge Journey or a Jeep Cherokee, but I was pretty emphatic on the CX-5. Once he found the one I bought (2016 FWD Touring with 18K), he was pretty impressed with it. I don't believe he had ever really looked at this model. Almost five months later, I love my ride!

One of the reasons I love the Mazda is that it is just less prevalent that competitors from Honda, Toyota, Ford, etc. It's a great looking car that people aren't used to seeing every day.

One of the reasons I love the Mazda is that it is just less prevalent that competitors from Honda, Toyota, Ford, etc. It's a great looking car that people aren't used to seeing every day.

+1 Totally agree with you Mazdan. (drinks)

Alex on Autos + Savage Geese. Do not like Savage Geese's part where he pops it on a lift - only good for folks who have worked on cars a lot. Not much for drivers.
My first preference was Tucson for the looks and price point. A couple of bad dealer experiences here in DFW + DCT problems meant I said screw it. I still think it looks better than CX-5.
Wife's statement was : at that price point the Rogue is more utilitarian and I agreed-Rogue SV with tech compared to Touring with Bose / Moonroof. Then bam badoosh - got a 900 dollar drop Sat morning and I was in. Picked up the car from a dealer in 2 hours.

The review from Savage Geese was the clincher for me.
Hope you didn't buy in his talk about how efficient the AWD system is on Mazda CX-5...

Just watched the review and that's a nice review for a 2016 CX-5. But I've to cut it short when this savagegeese guy started praising the efficiency of CX-5's AWD system and saying it's so efficient that it only sacrifices 2 to 3 miles instead of 10! What?! Is this guy hired by Mazda?! The fact is CX-5 is the most inefficient AWD system in all SUVs as far as fuel economy goes comparing to thier FWD version. While CX-5 AWD has 2~3 mpg of penalty than FWD on EPA ratings, others suffer only 0~1, not 10!

Savagegeese is the best...I stumbled on his review after I already bought my 2016 CX5. I found it not only informative but also entertaining .I've watched it several times.

This review by Brian Cooley on CNET. I actually hated this car until I saw his review. What I didn't notice until now is that he's supposed to be in a 2015, but those side view mirrors are 2013/14.

Don't know about the AWD; mine is FWD. Winters are generally mild where I live, so I don't need the extra traction. Almost 8k on my CX-5 Touring (on top of the 18k it already had), I'm getting 29.31 mpg with mixed highway and city driving. I only got minimally better mpg in my 2013 Hyundai Sonata.

Since this discussion is moving towards mpg - If we could put a smallish 1.2KWH battery in the trunk and use that to power A/C, Audio and Lights - what sort of mpg boost we would see? I am thinking mostly 5-7% or so.

Back