CX-5's and HID's

sbronemann

:
2014 Meteor Grey Mazda 6 Touring
What's up everybody? I'm sure a lot of you have already done so, but if not, this post is for you. I put some HID's in the low beams and LED fog lights in my wife's 4Runner last week. I loved them so much, I ordered a set for my CX-5. The factory bulbs and lights are actually quite good IMHO as Mazda picked quality headlights and fog lights for factory pieces(Phillips bulbs). But, I opted to order some HID's for lows and LED Phillips bulbs for fog lights from www.xenondepot.com. They are absolutely amazing in the stock housing. If any of you are on the fence and trying to decide-do it, you will not be disappointed. Shipped to my door the next day after I ordered. They were $287 with everything. I also opted for the $45 upcharge for the Phillips HID bulbs. Installation only took about 30 mins for all 4 bulbs. Any questions? I will try to answer.

Lol. I did not take any pictures yet, but I will try to get some on my next AM work drive or evening toolin around. I will say they aren't quite as good in the CX-5 as they are in the 4Runner. I think it may be that the 4Runner sits up quite a bit higher, but man are they amazing.

Are you sure the factory CX-5 low-beam and fog H11's are Philips instead of Japanese Stanley's?

I have installed HIDs, a long time ago. Matter of fact, I have installed(custom work) a set of projectors in the fog's place as well. 4 x projector HIDs.
I keep them on, all at all time and they are set to turn off by themselves after 30 seconds, so I don't have to worry about the lights.

Last edited:
Back