Mapcare

:
Mazda 2016 CX-5
2016 CX-5. Put my SD card in my Computer to check and see if any new map updates. When I ran Mazda Toolbox got message New Version of Toolbox is Avaliable I need to download and install before continuing. I did so, Ran toolbox and got another message, You are now eligible to download Mapcare. Anybody have any idea what Mapcare is ?????

Last edited:
Well it took about 1-1/2 hours to download and install. Not sure what it added/changed if anything. I did the map update last December. Not sure if this means there's a new update or not.

Just went for a drive to test it out. Shelly Avenue was not shown in the Dec 2015 update. It's now showing. There's been a lot of road construction in our area, new roads and such. They all appear to be in this release. I guess either When I did the Dec 20215 update something got corrupted or Mazda has snuck out a new map release. What got me started was seeing one of our UK members post in the Cuppa thread that he was downloading a new release.

Under the Manage page in MapTool, you can run SD Diagnostics, then expand to view more details, such as exact map data file size for each State, or the expiration date of your MapCare license for 3y free map updates (which in my case is 3y from the time of the first GPS fix).

Just got my 2016.5 back from dealer yesterday and they told me they had an update and installed it for me... "Seems" to me working faster and smoothing too..

Thanks for the update on the maps - just downloaded the update (about 1 hour to download/install).

image.jpeg

As in firmware update? Can you provide your firmware version for us?

Last edited:
Back