Diamond Kote Road Pro ? Input Needed

Crashed_Ice

:
2016 CX5 GT w/Tech
Hi All.

New CX5 owner here and new to the forums as well.

So last week I took delivery of our new 2016 CX5 GT w/Tech in Titanium Mica and love it! When I was in signing all the papers and such I knew they were going to go for the upsell on things like life insurance, paint protection, rust protection and all that jazz. I turn it down every time because its generally a rip off.

However this time they were offering Diamond Kote as a product, in the past its just been some other in-house under coating / wax / scotch guard. This time the package for Diamond Kote was the Diamond Kote Road Pro plan. This included things like:

Tire & Rim Protection For Nitrogen
and Regular tires
w Flat Tire Coverage
w Tire Replacement
w Wheel/Rim Protection

Dent & Ding Protection
w Paintless dent repair
w Minor dents and dings

Windshield Repair Protection
w Minor chips and cracks

Key/Remote Replacement
w Lost, stolen or destroyed key fobs

Rip, Tear, Burn Protection
w Minor rips, tears or burns
on upholstered seats

The way it was explained to me, if I was to have a ding or dent, as long as the paint was not damaged that it would be covered and I could have them removed at no cost. Same with the rim/tire protection, it was supposed to cover my OEM wheels as well as anything else I put on it like winter rims and tires. They will repair the rim/tire and if they cant they will replace it. The lost key/remote was nice too because they said it would cover 1 remote per year if they were lost. The rest were of less interest and of course the rust/paint protection I know is kind of a farce because in order for a claim to be valid the rust needs to eat right though the panel before they will cover it.

So my question is ... Has anyone had any experience with this at all? I could see some value in the dent and wheel protection that could make it worth the cost. Pricing is more ore less $500/5 years, or $400/4 years etc ...
Any input and feedback would be great as I can put this on any time and didnt need to buy it at the time of purchase and surly was not going to finance something like that.

Thx

Sounds like a rip off to me I would not buy it. Buy good insurance that covers your glass instead.

Hi All.

New CX5 owner here and new to the forums as well.

So last week I took delivery of our new 2016 CX5 GT w/Tech in Titanium Mica and love it! When I was in signing all the papers and such I knew they were going to go for the upsell on things like life insurance, paint protection, rust protection and all that jazz. I turn it down every time because its generally a rip off.

However this time they were offering Diamond Kote as a product, in the past its just been some other in-house under coating / wax / scotch guard. This time the package for Diamond Kote was the Diamond Kote Road Pro plan. This included things like:

Tire & Rim Protection – For Nitrogen
and Regular tires
w Flat Tire Coverage
w Tire Replacement
w Wheel/Rim Protection

Dent & Ding Protection
w Paintless dent repair
w Minor dents and dings

Windshield Repair Protection
w Minor chips and cracks

Key/Remote Replacement
w Lost, stolen or destroyed key fobs

Rip, Tear, Burn Protection
w Minor rips, tears or burns
on upholstered seats

The way it was explained to me, if I was to have a ding or dent, as long as the paint was not damaged that it would be covered and I could have them removed at no cost. Same with the rim/tire protection, it was supposed to cover my OEM wheels as well as anything else I put on it like winter rims and tires. They will repair the rim/tire and if they cant they will replace it. The lost key/remote was nice too because they said it would cover 1 remote per year if they were lost. The rest were of less interest and of course the rust/paint protection I know is kind of a farce because in order for a claim to be valid the rust needs to eat right though the panel before they will cover it.

So my question is ... Has anyone had any experience with this at all? I could see some value in the dent and wheel protection that could make it worth the cost. Pricing is more ore less $500/5 years, or $400/4 years etc ...
Any input and feedback would be great as I can put this on any time and didnt need to buy it at the time of purchase and surly was not going to finance something like that.

Thx

Diamond Kote will not even be on your paintwork after about six months or so. It's just a way Dealers try to get more money out of you. You can buy many other sealants for paintwork between $20 - $70 which are all good and will give the same protection if not better.

As for the 'dents' - ask to read the fine print. I know with mine, only dents made on vertical panels were covered but not horizontal ones, which seems absurd to me!

Your probably only allowed one claim for the windscreen in the period of the coverage - so once again check the fine print before purchasing from the dealership.

Here's a link to give you an idea of the variety of paint sealants on the market at different price points. I'm willing to bet that the bottle of Diamond Kote costs no more than about $35.00.

https://www.oldetownautospa.ca/collections/waxes-sealants?page=2

Last edited:
Thanks for the input guys.

I have to stop in at some point this week to the dealership. I might ask to see the fine print on all that stuff and see what they are saying.
For the ding/dent stuff he explained it to me that no matter what I was covered and did not mention anything about vertical panels only, but then again he's trying to sell me something so thats no surprise.

The biggest sellers were the ding/dent protection and the rims and tires protection. If I can get some sort of undercoating etc with that price then I would not complain but if they are going to screw me over on anything if I have a claim then no thanks. I figure they are just playing on my fears is all, the thought of having to replace a $1000 rim is a bit concerning if I ever had to.

Back