My CX-5 no longer beeps or honks when locking via fob

Bon Scott

Contributor
:
2014.5 CX-5 GT AWD
A few days ago I stopped in around back of my work and left my CX-5 running while I went inside to grab a can of coke from the vending machine with my fob on my person. I've done this many times without incident. Upon returning outside to my vehicle and opening the door, my CX-5 beeped several times in a row (15x approx). I didn't think anything of it because usually when I step away from the vehicle while it's running it beeps 6x after I close the door....so I figured it was just a glitch to beep 15x when I got back into my vehicle. Anyways, next day I noticed that after parking (and turning off the vehicle) I'm walking away from my vehicle and pushing the lock button on my fob...which usually causes a beeping sound as it locks (and if I push lock again within 5 seconds the horn honks once)....for some reason no beeping sound...and no honking sound if I push a 2nd time. The vehicle does lock....but no beeps (or horn / honking) when lock is pushed. I liked the beeping (honk on 2nd push) because sometimes if I'm walking away from my vehicle and can't remember if I locked it or not...I just push 2x to hear the honk and I know it's locked....peace of mind. But now there's now beeping or honking.

Note - if I push and hold the hold (!) button at the bottom of the fob....it honks repeatedly, as it should. That works fine. Also, this issue of no beeping / honking when locking via fob also happens on my 2nd fob that came with the vehicle....so I don't think it's the fob (or battery therein). As I said, it does lock (and unlock)....just no more beeping (or honking) when I lock via fob.

Any ideas??

Bon Scott

A few days ago I stopped in around back of my work and left my CX-5 running while I went inside to grab a can of coke from the vending machine with my fob on my person. I've done this many times without incident. Upon returning outside to my vehicle and opening the door, my CX-5 beeped several times in a row (15x approx). I didn't think anything of it because usually when I step away from the vehicle while it's running it beeps 6x after I close the door....so I figured it was just a glitch to beep 15x when I got back into my vehicle. Anyways, next day I noticed that after parking (and turning off the vehicle) I'm walking away from my vehicle and pushing the lock button on my fob...which usually causes a beeping sound as it locks (and if I push lock again within 5 seconds the horn honks once)....for some reason no beeping sound...and no honking sound if I push a 2nd time. The vehicle does lock....but no beeps (or horn / honking) when lock is pushed. I liked the beeping (honk on 2nd push) because sometimes if I'm walking away from my vehicle and can't remember if I locked it or not...I just push 2x to hear the honk and I know it's locked....peace of mind. But now there's now beeping or honking.

Note - if I push and hold the hold (!) button at the bottom of the fob....it honks repeatedly, as it should. That works fine. Also, this issue of no beeping / honking when locking via fob also happens on my 2nd fob that came with the vehicle....so I don't think it's the fob (or battery therein). As I said, it does lock (and unlock)....just no more beeping (or honking) when I lock via fob.

Any ideas??

Bon Scott

I had this exact problem 2 days ago, turned out my trunk was not fully closed, when I pressed "lock" there was no beep or flashing lights.

then I made sure to slam all the doors, engine hood and trunk shut, then it worked....

Thank you so much!! I just went out to check....and I opened and slammed close every door and the hatch (hatch seemed closed but I guess not). Now the vehicle beeps / honks when pressing the lock button on the fob. Lesson learned....sometimes doors / hatch seem closed but they are not fully closed. Thx again. I was so nervous thinking about bringing it in for service for an electrical issue. I love this forum!!

Bon Scott

Back