New GT Owner Checking In

Wingscribe

:
2016.5 CX-5 GT
Greetings all,

I've been lurking here for a while...now I am official.

Looking to replace a Volvo XC70 (and moving to a new home with a laughably short garage space) I sought a smaller car, but something I could still take both of my kids to events and the like.

I looked at the smattering of subcompact CUVs out there, and the HR-V and CX-3 were the standouts.

Well, the CX-3 was too tight a fit and the HR-V a bit too lacking in featured and oomph..so, what to do?

Except for the size I loved the CX-3...and my wife looked at the CX-9 before getting a Pilot (against my recommendation) - I really liked that car.

So, why not split the difference?

I took delivery today of a brand new GT with Tech and iActivesence in Soul Red with Parchment Interior.

Having some issues with pics, I'll try again tomorrow...

At the moment, I am not thinking too much beyond cross bars and a receiver hitch...maybe the paddle shifters...

Okay, enough babble, you have another CX-Fiver in the midst...

Have fun,

Mike

Congrats! Hope you do get excellent LED lightings and AFS! Make sure to turn on your oil life monitor to take advantage of Flexible Maintenance on oil change interval to maximize your oil life.

I sure did, on the lights at least. My last two (now three) cars have had bendy lights, and that feature is very high on the "want" list. The sun was already up when I left for work this morning, so I did not get a chance to test them, but that time will come.

My sales rep was required to sign me up for my first service (the first two are covered - whoppee!) so I left that setting on "Mileage" and will change after the first service.

My mileage figures are inconsistent, as I ride a scooter (yes, I am THAT kind of cool) so estimating how far I will drive "the cage" is difficult...my old car would sit for two weeks at some points, get driven every day at others.

The only issue thus far is the navi...this CX-5 was a dealer trade and the SD was lost in the mix - they'll call me when they get it back from the original dealer.

Tried out the Radar cruise on the way in today...freaky but it worked fine - I have to get cool with letting the computer use the pedals.

Oh well, time to pretend I am busy, you all have a great day!

Mike

Congrats! Hope you do get excellent LED lightings and AFS! Make sure to turn on your oil life monitor to take advantage of Flexible Maintenance on oil change interval to maximize your oil life.

does the LED chrome accents light up ? in the brochures, they look like they are lit up ? Snap125.jpg

What they said...I haven't really looked at the front with teh lights on...sorta blinding...

Great news! I now have my Navigation card installed, the only charged me $700 to do the work (kidding!) and now I can find my way home by way of the nearest craft beer retailer - thy do have that as a POI, don't they?

50 miles in and sure I made the right choice...

Mike

What they said...I haven't really looked at the front with teh lights on...sorta blinding...

Great news! I now have my Navigation card installed, the only charged me $700 to do the work (kidding!) and now I can find my way home by way of the nearest craft beer retailer - thy do have that as a POI, don't they?

50 miles in and sure I made the right choice...

Mike
That's good. Honestly though, I wait a year before I decide if I did a good, or not. I have never kept a car for more than a year, since getting a "real job". Until my CX-5. I finally am well past a year in mine! I don't feel any certain way about it. It's a toaster to me. That said, it's a very reliable and cheap toaster that has rarely frustrated me, so it stays. Very pleased with purchase.

Unobtanium,

Well, I shall raise a glass and toast your toaster!

I have to admit, I was a little nervous coming from the Volvo...it was a VERY different car, yet similar on paper. XC70 weighed only 500 pounds more, yet it feel like double that. It was a foot longer. but felt like three.

I will honeslty miss the seats, those were the stuff of legends, but the CX-5 seats provide much more bolstering without the "Are you sure you want that burger" effect from my old GTI (those were perfect sport seats, rotten road trip buckets).

This little Mazda is the poster child for splitting the difference, which is just what I am looking for for myself and the family right now.

That being said (written), has anyone else notices a softball hiding in the supper seatback, just between the shoulder blades???

Mike

Unobtanium,

Well, I shall raise a glass and toast your toaster!

I have to admit, I was a little nervous coming from the Volvo...it was a VERY different car, yet similar on paper. XC70 weighed only 500 pounds more, yet it feel like double that. It was a foot longer. but felt like three.

I will honeslty miss the seats, those were the stuff of legends, but the CX-5 seats provide much more bolstering without the "Are you sure you want that burger" effect from my old GTI (those were perfect sport seats, rotten road trip buckets).

This little Mazda is the poster child for splitting the difference, which is just what I am looking for for myself and the family right now.

That being said (written), has anyone else notices a softball hiding in the supper seatback, just between the shoulder blades???

Mike

Yes, love my CX-5 but lately the seat has been killing my back

Back