Mesh.jpg
attachment.php

Bottom.jpg
attachment.php

Bottom 2.jpg
attachment.php

Whole.jpg
attachment.php

Stainless mesh painted black. Bottom piece is 28.5" X 6.25" and the upper piece is 32" X 8.5". Zip ties on main bottom bar, with a dab of silicon on the corners. I didn't attach on the verticals because I thought they were too thin. It should be enough to at least deflect a radiator-killing blow. Upper section is attached under the crossbar only.

Watched this video a couple of times to be ready for the installation:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wc_bBFxCnSY&index=21&list=LLA0RwoDgNEjxBls2jrFXCOA

Thinking about getting some miata teeth for the lower grill lol
mazda-mx-5-miata-jack-o-lantern-teeth-grille-insert-4.gif

That's a good idea. But they'll still get onto your rad. Hell, I've seen bug splatters on my intake manifold from bugs getting through the grill, through the condenser and rad fins and finally hitting the plastic manifold. It's ridiculous where they'll go. But your mesh will certainly help.

I just can't believe that someone designed the front with such large gaps so close to the road. It's not as much for bugs, but for rocks and other large, heavy objects that could punch a hole in the AC fins. I'm not sure what would be cheaper to replace: the front clip of the car, or a busted radiator. I probably didn't have to cover the upper section; there is a point if a meteor is going to strike the front of the car, there isn't anything I can do about it.

I have a 2016 cx5 GT and last week while on the highway, a piece of debris came up and smashed into my grille. It broke one of the horizontal grille trim bars. I ordered a replacement and apparently all the bars are separate, so I can change just the one without removing the entire grille. The dealer said it is vey easy to change so I opted to do it myself. He said just push on on the clips behind the bar to release the bar and pull it out. He said the new bar just clips on like the old. No tools needed. My problem is that I cannot find anything behind it to push on to release the damaged bar. I searched YouTube and found nothing. Can any help me with this?

I have a 2016 cx5 GT and last week while on the highway, a piece of debris came up and smashed into my grille. It broke one of the horizontal grille trim bars. I ordered a replacement and apparently all the bars are separate, so I can change just the one without removing the entire grille. The dealer said it is vey easy to change so I opted to do it myself. He said just push on on the clips behind the bar to release the bar and pull it out. He said the new bar just clips on like the old. No tools needed. My problem is that I cannot find anything behind it to push on to release the damaged bar. I searched YouTube and found nothing. Can any help me with this?

I don't remember looking at the rear of the upper grill when I had everything apart, but you can watch the video in the link above and determine if it's something you want to undertake to get at the back of the grill. You may not have to remove the entire front clip; you might be able to pull the upper section forward enough to get to the rear clip holders.

Back