P5 Autocross mod help

tinysurvivor

:
2002 Mazda Protege5
So this is my first post. I got a p5 back in December. She's a bit of a hoopty, but after putting 20k miles on it and running 8 autocross events with it. I love this car. However, I'm looking to get a bit more out of the platform at the autocross. I'm looking to stay in the H-stock class, so I think I get 1 sway bar, 2 way adjustable struts, cat-back, and well better rubber. So any recommendations on sway bar and struts? I'm pretty set on getting the Racing Beat Exhaust.

I dont run autocross, but I run a progress rear swaybar, and I love it. You might be able to find a racingbeat for cheaper though. For struts, people will recommend tokico Blues or Illuminas, which are adjustable. Can you run full coilovers? And Youll be happy with the RB catback, although it wont really help at all. Have you considered an MP3 ecu?

I have considered MP3 ecu, I saw that there was someone around here who did reflashes. I don't think I can run full coils, if I do it'll bump out of the street stock. I didn't see a sway bar on the racing beat website, any other recommendations for sway bars?

I have considered MP3 ecu, I saw that there was someone around here who did reflashes. I don't think I can run full coils, if I do it'll bump out of the street stock. I didn't see a sway bar on the racing beat website, any other recommendations for sway bars?

You can't reflash in street/stock either. Realistically, no one will probably know, but you will. Maybe you want to look at one of the street touring classes. Those allow you to do coils, bolts ons, reflash and sway bars all around. You also get better wheel allowances. Sounds like that's all stuff you'd like to do anyways. Unfortunately, since the Fiesta ST was added to H Street, with our local club at least, nothing else is even remotely competitive. If you are planning to stay in street class (the new name for what was previously "stock"), tires will be your biggest bang for the buck.

Just a word of caution: I don't know if it's true or not, but I've heard P5 autocrossers had oil starvation issues when Hoosiers were legal in "stock" classes. The current crop on the pointy end of the autox tire spear are VERY close to the Hoosiers of old.

For a rear sway bar you can't beat an AWR. They are infinitely adjustable unlike the other ones out there that have 3 settings. May be hard to find tho.

Back