Online supplier of 3 changes worth of Mazda Oil and Filters?

:
ss
About a year ago there was an online supplier that provided a special consisting of 3 oil changes worth of Mazda Oil and CX-5 filters at a decent price. Does anyone have the link. I searched under sponsors and for sale and can't seem to find the link to the kit.

Thanks,

Here is a good https://www.ebay.com (commissions earned) I'm gonna order another three from them as well. I previously ordered three kits from them.

$44.55 for each kit.

At bottom "FREE SHIPPING ON ORDERS OVER $100"

EDIT: Three kits on checkout gave me free shipping.

The link in my signature still works as well.

Last edited:
My saved bookmark, 5 Quarts of Mazda 0w20 Moly Oil, Mazda SKYACTIV TECHNOLOGY Oil Filter, and Drain Plug Washer from Med Center Mazda, still works too. The price has gone up from $39.32 to $44.55 though. At least the free shipping had come back to the old $100 order amount and once had been $150 for a while. I still think getting 3 of this kit is the best deal you can find online.

I wonder if the OEM SkyActiv Technology PE01-14-302A oil filter from Japan now got superseded by 1WPE-14-302 oil filter ??? which is made in Thailand?

I wonder if the OEM SkyActiv Technology PE01-14-302A oil filter from Japan now got superseded by 1WPE-14-302 oil filter ??? which is made in Thailand?

I'll post back if I see any changes on the packaging. My Suzuki outboard motor is actually made in Thailand. Workmanship and attention to detail seems high so not sure I really have strong reservations if the filters are now coming out of Thailand.

meh, I'd rather pick up the 3-pack of filters and drain plug washers for $24, and then a 5-quart jug of Mobil1 0w-20 at Walmart for about $24. Complete oil change for $32 each time, can't beat that.

I probably won't know until well into the six figure mileage if the Mazda Moly was worth it but it certainly can't hurt. '16 and newer can go 10K miles or a year for oil changes if they use the Mazda Moly.

I sampled this latest change so plan to send off to Blackstone in a few weeks. I'll have to add in a note that it has dye in oil for my phantom leak that hasn't re-occurred.

meh, I'd rather pick up the 3-pack of filters and drain plug washers for $24, and then a 5-quart jug of Mobil1 0w-20 at Walmart for about $24. Complete oil change for $32 each time, can't beat that.

For the tiny price difference, I want to stick with the OEM oil due to the specific Moly formulation which appears to be pretty important for our engines.

In addition the free shipping over $100 is better then going to B&M stores.

My saved bookmark, 5 Quarts of Mazda 0w20 Moly Oil, Mazda SKYACTIV TECHNOLOGY Oil Filter, and Drain Plug Washer from Med Center Mazda, still works too. The price has gone up from $39.32 to $44.55 though. At least the free shipping had come back to the old $100 order amount and once had been $150 for a while. I still think getting 3 of this kit is the best deal you can find online.

I searched extensively and couldn't find a definitive answer on the filter number

Sent from the wrong side of the tracks.

I'd definitely use Mazda moly oil for additional $12 for each oil change, but I can go up to 10,000-mile or 12-month with flexible OCI if I want to. That actually save me money and my DIY time in the long run! Not to mention added protection by moly oil! Click Why Mazda moly oil? in Kedis82ZE8's signature for an article from Bob is the Oil Guy if you're not sure about the benefit of moly oil. Also it's been proven by UOA that Mazda uses it's moly oil as the factory fill for new SkyActiv engine break-in period.

Really how important is using Mazda Moly oil as opposed to using Mobil 0w20 oil? Both Mazda dealers in Houston area told me they don't carry the Moly oil and told me that the Moly stuff is all marketing mumbo jumbo. Obviously I don't trust them on that but since the dealers themselves are using Mobil and its within warranty, I was wondering whether Moly is that much better than Mobil.

The Mazda oil has a higher content of Moly, (see oil analysis thread). It reduces friction between metal parts which reduces heat, wear, and improves economy by some (debatable) degree. You will probably get your increased cost for the oil back in gas savings over the oil change interval and the reduced wear should extend the life of the engine bearings.

'16+ owners luck out because they can us the flexible OCI with 10K mile/12 month change interval. I hear it requires the use of the Mazda Moly though. That is just what I have heard though. This option isn't applicable to pre-16's.

So I've been reading about the moly oil stuff and it looks like Mazda's oil is quite good from the specs I've seen. I just might start using it.

Question: according to the Mazda dealer where we purchased the car last week, the oil was changed on 20 July, and wasn't really driven at all until we test drove it on 8 August. So the current oil only has a few hundred miles on it. But I have no idea what they put in there. Based on other posts it sounds like most dealers do NOT use the Mazda Moly oil. Would it be a good idea to go ahead and drain what's in there and put in the Mazda Moly 0w-20?

I would. There are no guarantees with dealer service.

Sent from the wrong side of the tracks.

I would ask the dealer what they used. If it's Castrol, that's also recommended by Mazda and gets good reviews on BITOG. Mobil 1 is also good. I would have no fear running any of those until the next oil change and then choosing whatever I like for the next fill. But oil is a religion so you will get many opinions.

I am pretty much an Amsoil diehard in everything I have but made an exception to run the Mazda Moly in the CX-5. If the Mazda oil was just standard 0W-20 synthetic I would be running Ams in the Mazda as well.

Latest posts

Back