Switch for controlling a led ramp

olaham

:
Mazda CX-5 2.0 AT AWD 2013
Hi

I have fitted a led ramp in the lower air intake on my 2013 Mazda CX-5. The result was wery nice i must say but i failed on one thing that i wanted to do. I could not find a way to guide a small cable trough from the engine room to the inside of the car. I want to have a switch where i can turn the led ramp of. I have of course connected it to the high beam so that the led ramp only comes on when i hit the high beam. But i also want to control it with a switch.

Does anyone in this awsome forum have any knowledge of where it is possible to guide two smal cables in to the driver position from the engine room? I could not use the main big cable-bunt that comes in just above the pedals, it seems to angle in the engine room and is placed behind/under the battery, very very hard to ever see.

Best Regards Ola

12900025_10209097161010154_1527104934_n.jpg

you can get wire through here . i got thick ass amp wire through it so wire for leds shoul be ez .

Many thanks for the tips, i will try again and see if it possible to get the small cables beside the big main cable route.

Check for these 2 sides of the black rubber boot:

1. In the (engine bay side) look for the "nipple" on the black rubber boot. It may be facing up or facing north. 12 o'clock position.
2. In the firewall side (cabin sidel) look for an unused hole on the black rubber boot.

When I pierced the nipple (engine bay side) I accessed the unused hole (cabin side). Check if yours line up.

I manage to pierce a tiny hole and send two small cables trough. Thanks "Anonymous MD" for the pictures, with them i dared to continue my plan. I tried to insert a picture for you guys but i come to some "URL" crap when i push the attach symbol, i use an iPad.

Thanks Ola

Would love to see how you fitted the LED ramp.

For images, I'm also using iPad and using imgur to upload and using HTML link to post.

I manage to pierce a tiny hole and send two small cables trough. Thanks "Anonymous MD" for the pictures, with them i dared to continue my plan. I tried to insert a picture for you guys but i come to some "URL" crap when i push the attach symbol, i use an iPad.

Thanks Ola
always happy to help . :)

Back