New Member...New CX-5

tufftoy

:
2016.5 Silver CX-5
Hi everyone, new here with a brand new 2016.5 CX-5 Touring. Comes with...well you know everything it comes with, so I'll skip that. I've had it for a week now, and I absolutely love her. Already looking at doing a couple simple mods like blacking out the silver emblems, window tint on the front and possibly removing the roof rails, as I will never use them and personally think it looks better without. The only complaint, if you could call it that, would be that the drivers seat pan doesn't tilt up in the front, but I can definitely live with that. Much quieter than my last car, 2012 Hyundai Elantra, and a much smoother ride also.

Look forward to being a part of the community!

CkV0cuHl.jpg

Hi everyone, new here with a brand new 2016.5 CX-5 Touring...
The only complaint, if you could call it that, would be that the drivers seat pan doesn't tilt up in the front
Well, if you got a GT, then you have that additional adjustment provided there's no memory driver's seat featured. ;)

You may find getting rid of the roof rails is an expensive idea, as a portion of the original rubber cover has been cut off and you'll have a section of roof rail line left uncovered if you removed the roof rail.

We have Sonic Silver CX-5 too and I like the color! Congrats!

Well, if you got a GT, then you have that additional adjustment provided there's no memory driver's seat featured. ;)

You may find getting rid of the roof rails is an expensive idea, as a portion of the original rubber cover has been cut off and you'll have a section of roof rail line left uncovered if you removed the roof rail.

FYI roof rails don't matter. I took the cross-bars off on my Grand Jeep Cherokee, and saw zero mileage change. That said, they are in the worst spot ever for weight. My Type R CX-5 doesn't have them for this reason. Slicktop. Faster. Nimbler.

Welcome. Have you decided which aftermarket parts you want?

I was looking at the GTs, but they were out of my price range, and I've done the research on the rails, know about what the cost will be. I may advertise them on here for anyone who may be wanting some, and with the exchange have them send their non-cut rubber molding for mine...but it's still up in the air whether or not I'll take that route. I may just have them painted or dipped black and keep them. Time will tell.

Welcome. Have you decided which aftermarket parts you want?

Right now there is only one aftermarket part I'm eyeing. Looking at getting a stainless steel front bumper protector plate. Living in West Texas, and working 20 miles out in the boonies, I tend to take out more than my share of rabbits and jack rabbits. The front bumper fascia on my last car was broken in several places due to them little guys, jack rabbits not so little... Possibly later on down the road, I may look at getting some 18" wheels and upgrading the tires to a 235 or 245.

https://www.ebay.com (commissions earned)

Right now there is only one aftermarket part I'm eyeing. Looking at getting a stainless steel front bumper protector plate. Living in West Texas, and working 20 miles out in the boonies, I tend to take out more than my share of rabbits and jack rabbits. The front bumper fascia on my last car was broken in several places due to them little guys, jack rabbits not so little... Possibly later on down the road, I may look at getting some 18" wheels and upgrading the tires to a 235 or 245.

https://www.ebay.com (commissions earned)

I have those on mine. Definitely adds something to the look :)

I was looking at Weather Tech mats and cargo tray, but decided to go with OEM. The dealer was offering a discount, so I saved half or more, and could not be happier. I had Weather Tech with a Civic a few years ago, and I don't think the difference in design / quality is that great. I now have the mats and tray in my '16 Touring. Perfect fit.

I recommend Weather Techs as a first mod!
In addition to WeatherTech liner covers only half of the dead pedal...

The Weathertech are great in every aspect... Except for one thing. They didn't raise the plastic to prevent dirt from filling the base of the throttle pedal. Stupid flaw.
I couldn't agree more. I purchased the Weather Tech liners because I've had great experiences in the past, but how they designed the liner by the gas pedal is a HUGE flaw. We park on a slight incline and any water held in by the liner, drains right into the gas pedal area flooding the carpet underneath. If there is any standing water on the mat, eventually it will flow into that area which does not have a lip.....completely useless.

Back