G Vectoring Engineering deep dive

That Mazda 6 station wagon in the 3rd video is the car I'd rather have than my CX-5.

I'm curious, if this system can be installed on older mazda models. They say it's firmware only tuning. Possibly additional on/off switch will be needed. And asbuilt files mod, of course :)

The first video presents an interesting discussion. Minor torque reduction is certainly more effective than trying to shift the load with the braking system. I wonder if a similar solution could be accomplished with minor ratio changes in a cvt. I also wonder if the gvc system will be more effective with an fwv than with an awd vehicle.
My first fwv car was a 1970 Saab 99. incipient understeer was handled by backing off the throttle. The front end would then tuck right into the turn.

The first video presents an interesting discussion. Minor torque reduction is certainly more effective than trying to shift the load with the braking system. I wonder if a similar solution could be accomplished with minor ratio changes in a cvt. I also wonder if the gvc system will be more effective with an fwv than with an awd vehicle.
My first fwv car was a 1970 Saab 99. incipient understeer was handled by backing off the throttle. The front end would then tuck right into the turn.

Reducing torque via a CVT would cause the RPM to slightly go up and down every time you turned the wheel and could get annoying.
Seems like it's much easier for Mazda to accomplish it via engine control.

I bet it works just as well with AWD as it does with FWD. The purpose of the system is to cause very quick and small shifts in weight while the steering wheel is being turned.

Sounds to me that with this system you'll still get understeer when you push too hard, but initial turn-in will feel better.

Back