2016.5 cx5 is out with power passenger seat, how do we get it? replace?

:
03 MSP OJ
own a 2016, really want a power adjustable seat for passenger side

anyone done it?

should i order it, and replace it at home to save some cost?

or it needs some complicated wiring

2016.5 cx5 is out with power passenger seat, how do we get it? replace?

New 6-way power passenger seat, which seems only available in Canadian 2016.5 CX-5 GT's, shouldn't be too hard to add if you don't mind to spend money. You may have to order the entire power passenger seat as it'll be available at certain point from Mazda dealer, and may have to splice some wire for the power source.

At least it's a lot "cheaper" and easier than retrofitting the now-also-available memory driver seat in Canada!

And this will never be a "recall". This is not safety related, and this is "on-going production change" by Mazda. I believe Mazda originally planned to add memory driver seat and 6-way power passenger seat for all 2016.5 CX-5 GT's for NA market. But the production of these parts somehow got delayed. Hence so far we've only seen very limited number of 2016.5 CX-5's in Canada, which is much small market for CX-5, having these features.

Last edited:
Power passenger seat should be a cheap mod though.. just $$... no memory seat issues to conflict with. Nothing I would bother with though.

Just find a wrecked CX-5 - buy only the passenger seat with the power seat track...

Run ground and hot wire - bingo, now you have a power passenger seat. Very easy to do.

Back